Friday, August 25, 2006
MV Agusta F4 1000 Senna: God’s own motorcycle
The MV Agusta F4 1000 Senna was one of the most beautiful, most desirable bikes ever built anywhere in the world. I don’t care for Formula 1 at all, but Ayrton Senna was special. This man, who won the F1 crown in 1988, 1990, and 1991, may have passed away in a tragic accident but his memories will always remain.
MV Agusta owner, Claudio Castiglioni says, “Ayrton was a star in a league of his own. When we met, we didn’t just talk about engines, although Ayrton was very attracted by two-wheel vehicles.” And indeed, the F4 1000 Senna is fitting tribute to the man. The 1000cc, 174 horsepower engine gets the very latest Weber Marelli 5SM fuel injection system, Brembo four-caliper radial brakes, Marchesini alloys, adjustable footrests and a carbonfibre rear mudguard. Also, 50mm Marzocchi USD forks get the titanium nitride treatment up front, there’s a high-spec Sachs racing shock absorber at the back, and the fairing is lighter, more aerodynamic and gets a distinctive Senna logo. The bike revs to 13000rpm, and top speed is 300km/h. Ooohhh..!!
Labels: MV Agusta
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
- Triumph opens second plant in Thailand
- Honda NR750: Your game's oval…
- Vyrus 985 C3 4V: Different strokes
- MV Agusta sets Bonneville land speed record
- Segway i2, Segway x2: Personal transportation II
- Sachs is no more
- Wakan: 1640cc of French eccentricity
- MV Agusta F4 1000 Senna: God’s own motorcycle
- Piaggio MP3: Three wheels, better than two?
- Helmet Hullabaloo: Snell vs ECE 22-05
- Go-faster tips from Kevin Schwantz
- Norton goes bust. Again.
- Velocity: The MotoGP movie
- New BMW F800GS announced
- Kawasaki Z1000: 2007 edition announced
- The ramblings of Fred Gassit
- KTM LC4 690 officially launched
- Loris Capirossi: Winning for 16 years!
- KTM NitroDuke: The World's Fastest KTM!
- Mad Kaws: Kawasaki H1 and Z1
- Fast Past: Vincent Black Shadow
- The Weird Five: Strangest motorcycles ever!
- Kawasaki ZRX1200R: Remember Eddie Lawson...?
- Rickey Gadson sets new 1/8-mile record on a Kawasa...
- Remembering Rotary: Suzuki RE-5
- Remembering Rotary: The Norton F1
- MotoCzysz C1: MotoGP replicas now available
- Fischer MRX 650: Born in the USA!
- The Quadzilla: 2007 GG Quad
- Fabulous Five: The racing bikes I love!
- Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo: Blow hard!
- AC Schnitzer: Doing more with BMW bikes
- Payback Time: Suzuki GSX-R 750 (1996 – 1999)
- Top Fuel motorcycles: A lesson in acceleration
- Aprilia, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Ducati: Taking on Japan ...
- AC Schnitzer BMW HP2: The Ultimate Supermoto
- Six Fix: The mighty Honda CBX 1000
- 1990s: The first liquid-cooled Suzuki GSX-R750s
- ▼ August (38)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato