Friday, July 06, 2007
Ducati Desmosedici RR makes its first public appearance in action at Misano!
The absolutely glorious Ducati Desmosedici RR made its first ever public appearance at the recently concluded 2007 World Ducati Week. Ducati MotoGP Team test rider, Vittoriano Guareschi rode the bike around the Misano Circuit for a few demo laps.
Powered by Ducati’s pre-2007 MotoGP-spec 989cc, 200bhp L4, the Desmosedici RR is indeed a MotoGP bike for the road. Ducati Motor Holding CEO, Gabriele Del Torchio says, ‘This is a dream motorcycle that is destined to become an icon, endorsed by the fact that so many of the world’s top sportsmen and celebrities alike have placed orders to own one.’
Apart from its GP6 MotoGP bike-spec engine, the Desmosedici RR boasts of bits like sand-cast aluminium crankcases, magnesium engine covers, a cassette type six-speed gearbox and hydraulically actuated dry multi-plate slipper clutch. The engine’s double overhead cams actuate four titanium valves per cylinder and are gear driven from a crankshaft which has titanium connecting rods.
Says Claudio Domenicali, Director of Product Development at Ducati Motor Holding and the CEO at Ducati Corse, ‘We are extremely pleased with the final result – the bike is fantastic both statically and dynamically. The chassis is rigid and the engine crisp, just like the racing Desmosedici and this is the very essence of the project – to leave the owner with a taste of our MotoGP bike!’
Also see:Limited edition MV Agusta F4 CC
V-Roehr 1130: The all-American superbike
Could you learn to live without bikes...?
New developments at Moto Morini
Allen Millyard's V12 Kawasaki!
Aprilia to enter WSBK in 2008
EZ Tuning: The school of cool
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- MotoGP: Rossi vs Stoner. Or is it Bridgestone vs M...
- Superbike magazine centrefold: The Kawasaki Z750!
- Memorable: The Moto Guzzi V8
- Valentino Rossi: 2008 and beyond...
- MotoGP: Lorenzo to join Yamaha in 2008
- New colour schemes for the 2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000
- Kenny Dreer: “it’s time I pack my bags and head of...
- American MotoGP: Stoner extends world championship...
- The Wunderlich WR2: A lighter, faster BMW HP2...
- Legendary Laverda V6 seen in action in the UK
- BMW buy Husqvarna from Castiglioni!
- Laguna Seca: New clothes for Colin Edwards' Yamaha...
- Bazzaz Performance launch traction control system ...
- TwinTrax: Harley-powered dragster for the street?
- MotoGP: Loris Capirossi to move to Rizla Suzuki fo...
- Turbocharged: The 2008 Canjamoto BMW R1200S Scorpi...
- Limited Edition Fiat Yamaha Replica R1
- Pro Italia announce ‘Ducati: A Story of Passion’ D...
- MotoGP: It’s all happening in the US now!
- Fast and frugal: The FuelVapor Alé
- German MotoGP: Rossi crashes out, Pedrosa on top a...
- Quarantasei: Valentino Rossi, the Milo Manara way
- 990cc MotoGP-replica: MotoCzysz C1 gets closer to ...
- Old motorcycle advertisements...
- Team Roberts to say goodbye to MotoGP at the end o...
- From Belgium: The Krugger Goodwood
- Gary McCoy's 1998 Honda NSR500 up for sale!
- BMW K1200R stars in Resident Evil: Extinction
- 2008 Harley Davidson XR 1200: It’s on!
- MotoGP: John Hopkins to move to Kawasaki for 2008
- Down memory lane: The mighty Yamaha YZR500
- Ferrari: 60th Anniversary Celebrations!
- 2008 BMW K1000RS under development!
- 2008 Buell 1125R: Serious performance!
- Chris Vermeulen working with Dainese on motorcycle...
- Electric and expensive: Enertia to go on sale earl...
- Throttle control: Motorcycle rider vs electronics
- Kawasaki 1400GTR Concours: Can a 153bhp bike be bo...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR makes its first public appea...
- Gut-wrenching: The SR8LM's 455bhp V8 Hayabusa engi...
- Triumph officially unveil Street Triple 675
- 2008 Suzuki RM-Z450: The first fuel-injected motoc...
- Back to the '50s: Piaggio Ape Calessino
- Ducati 1098 F08 World Superbikes racer unveiled
- Kevin Schwantz: No.34, we miss you!
- ▼ July (45)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato