Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
One you have your Ducati (we recommend a Sport Classic 1000…), make sure your ‘cool’ pack is complete – also get a Rolex (at no.14), wear Prada (at no.16), scoff some Green & Black's chocolate (at no.18) and fly Virgin Atlantic (at no.10).
Apart from Ducati, no other motorcycle brand features in the Cool Top 20 in this survey. Of course, at Faster and Faster we still rate the MV Agusta F4 CC and the 2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 as two of the hottest, coolest, sexiest and most desirable bikes in the world…
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Portuguese MotoGP: Rossi vs Pedrosa dogfight at Estoril, Stoner doesn’t win the world championship yet!
Somebody at Yamaha told their MotoGP engineers to either shape up, or ship out. And someone at Michelin also did the same. Which is probably why we had one of the best MotoGP races of the season at Estoril, with Yamaha, Honda and Ducati riders fighting hard for win right up until the last lap.
The race started with Stoner taking the lead as usual, followed closely by Pedrosa, Hayden (who started from pole position, his first of the 2007 season!), Rossi and Melandri. Stoner and Pedrosa seemed all set to break away from the pack, but just as Melandri was beginning to worry Rossi, The Doctor decided to show everyone why he’s a seven-time world champ. Rossi began his charge to the front, overtaking Hayden, who seemed unable to put up much of a fight.
In the meanwhile, Pedrosa, riding like a man on a mission, also passed Stoner and took the lead. He looked like he had the winning pace, but No.46 had other ideas. Over the last 10 laps, Rossi and Pedrosa put in one of their best performances of this season (and for once, the tyres and the bikes also seemed to be working with them…), and had a glorious dogfight, passing and re-passing each other repeatedly.
Pedrosa’s Honda seemed to have a slight edge in terms of engine performance and low-end power delivery, but this was to be Rossi’s day, and he finally won the race just 0.175 seconds ahead of Pedrosa. Stoner came home in third place and while Hayden was not able to challenge the Aussie, he took a well-deserved fourth. Melandri finished fifth, and John Hopkins took sixth spot.
Barring a major disaster, Stoner is of course still winning the 2007 MotoGP world championship. It’s just that he’ll have to wait for one more week to claim the crown. But these two men – Rossi, with his fourth win of the season, and Pedrosa, with his stellar performance in the Portuguese MotoGP at Estoril – have conveyed one clear message. Stoner isn’t likely to have everything his way in 2008. If anything, the battles in MotoGP will be even harder next year…!
MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo to join Yamaha in 2008
In conversation with John Hopkins...
Kevin Schwantz interviews Valentino Rossi!
Colin Edwards talks about The Doctor...
Who's the fastest motorcycle racer in the world?
Are electronics ruining MotoGP? Riders and ex-racers discuss...
2007 MotoGP race reports, features, interviews and hi-res wallpaper
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- First pics: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R1000. Also, Crosscage...
- Carl Fogarty dumps plans of 2008 WSBK comeback
- 2008 BMW HP2 Sport: More pics and details
- First pics: 2008 KTM 690 Duke, 690 SMC, 690 SMR an...
- First pics: 2008 Suzuki GSX-R750 and GSX-R600
- Oil rig: The Neander Turbodiesel
- MCN's first ride video: The BMW HP2 Sport!
- 2008 Kawasaki ZZR1400: Improved power delivery, le...
- 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R: Hard-core performance, dubio...
- TWO magazine: In conversation with Jeremy Burgess
- Kawasaki GPZ900R-powered Fiat 500!
- First pics: 2012 Yamaha, Honda, Ducati MotoGP bike...
- Casey Stoner wins 2007 MotoGP world championship a...
- MotoGP: Hi-res Rizla Suzuki wallpaper bonanza!
- Fearsome: The 1975 Yamaha TZ750 dirt-tracker
- Fast Past II: Suzuki GSX-R1100 and Bimota SB6
- Stunning new Honda Evo6, CB1100R revealed!
- Team Kenny Roberts may leave MotoGP, go to World S...
- MotoGP: 600s to replace 250s in 2011
- Face off: Ducati 1098 vs Lamborghini Gallardo Supe...
- What’s the ‘coolest’ motorcycle brand in the world...
- Portuguese MotoGP: Rossi vs Pedrosa dogfight at Es...
- Are electronics ruining MotoGP? Riders speak out
- Hubless wheels: Does the wheel really need reinven...
- Video: MCN's Ducati Desmosedici RR first ride
- First pics: 2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R, ER-6n, Versys 650...
- 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R: First pics, video and detail...
- Face off: 1989 Yamaha OW01 vs 2008 Yamaha R1!
- First pics: 2008 Yamaha R1
- 2008 Yamaha R6 and R125 shown
- DVD Review: Riding Solo to the top of the World
- Kawasaki ZZR1400 Turbo: The quest for 320km/h!
- Riding tips from Superbike magazine
- Puerto Rico passes oppressive new laws for motorcy...
- Colin Edwards: “Yamaha know they have to improve!”...
- KTM X-Bow: Pricing, delivery details
- 2008 Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR revealed...
- Suzuki RG500: Barry Sheene replica
- Cool concept: Yamaha Air Tricker
- MotoGP San Marino: Casey Stoner takes eighth win o...
- Suzuki Stratosphere 1100 to be launched in 2009
- ▼ September (41)