S&S 50th Anniversary Special, Wakan are ready with their next bike – the Roadster 100. The bike is fitted with the same 1,640cc, 45-degree v-twin as all other Wakan machines, and it makes 115bhp at 6,250rpm and 156Nm of torque at 4,250rpm.
The Wakan Roadster 100’s tubular backbone chassis is made of chrome-molybdenum and uses the engine as a stressed member. The front fork is a 46mm USD Ceriani number, the rear shock is a ZF Sachs unit, the wheels are forged aluminium Marchesinis and the meaty swingarm is made of aluminium alloy. The bike weighs 177kg dry and claimed top speed is 250km/h.
The Roadster 100 is fitted with a single 340mm brake disc at the front, with six-piston AJP callipers, and the rear disc is 220mm. The bike rides on 17-inch wheels, shod with 180/55 (rear) and 120/70 Michelin Pilot Power rubber. The Wakan looks charming all right, thought at around US$41,500 it’s a bit expensive…
More pics and details on the Wakan website here
The Wakan 1640 Racing Cruiser...
Side-Bike: The 2008 Celtik...
Triumph Speed Triple: Jack Lilley Special...
CR&S Vun Racing ups the ante...
Racy custom: The Buell XBRR Chronos...
In XESS: Honda CB1000R-based streetfighter from Italy...
Neander 1400 Turbodiesel: Yours for US$140,000...
KTM to cut production, layoff workers...
The world's wildest bikes...!
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- Duel in hell: BMW HP2 Sport vs KTM RC8
- TTX01: The 86bhp, 200km/h electric sportsbike is h...
- Norton to return to the Isle of Man TT in 2009
- UK study says women are sexually aroused by the so...
- In conversation with Gerald Kiska
- Wakan Roadster 100 hits the road
- Greenfly: LPG power comes to motorcycles
- Honda 2025 racer concept sketches...
- Ducati 1198S’ DTC system: Making gods out of men?
- Riding Troy Bayliss’ Ducati 1098R…
- Gilera GP850 Corsa shown at the EICMA
- Triumph Speed Triple 15th Anniversary Special Edit...
- Quantya sets up its first dealership in the US
- The 200bhp nitrous-oxide-powered Suzuki B-King
- Ducati Streetfighter wins ‘most beautiful bike’ po...
- More pics from EICMA 2008
- Moto Morini Scrambler 1200 to go on sale in Europe...
- 2009 KTM 990 Adventure R unveiled at EICMA
- Honda to produce all-new V4-powered bike in 2010
- Benelli Due 756 shown at EICMA, is now production-...
- Hydrogen-petrol hybrid Kawasaki ZX-10R shown at SE...
- BMW Lo Rider concept unveiled in Milan
- 2009 KTM 1190 RC8 R unleashed
- Husqvarna SMQ concept shown at EICMA
- 2009 Bimota DB7 Oronero unveiled
- 2009 KTM 990 SMT: First pics
- 2009 BMW F800R: First official pics
- 2009 Ducati 1198, 1198S: First pics and specs
- 2009 Ducati Streetfighter: First pics and specs
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato