Friday, March 13, 2009
Eight Sleight: Standbike V8 concept
For those who just won’t ride a twin, triple, inline-four/V4 or inline-six/V6, Standbike are working on a V8-powered motorcycle. And they have, apparently, already built a fully functional, ready-to-ride prototype that’s fitted with a 305 cubic-inch (5,000cc) V8 from General Motors.
According to the company’s website, the Standbike V8 concept bike took eight years to develop and uses various unique technical solutions that allow the V8’s power and torque to be suitably harnessed for extreme traction.
The bike’s steering, clutch and lean-control systems are managed by high-tech hydraulics and electronics – probably necessary with a bike that weighs 690 kilos and which has a 2615mm wheelbase, total lenth being 3210mm. The gearbox is a four-speed unit, with one extra gear for reversing the bike, and single-sided suspension is used at both ends.
The Standbike V8 concept actually rides on four 16-inch wheels – two each at the front and back – shod with 205/45 rubber. Cornering? Er…, no, we don’t think so, though straight line stability at 300km/h should be just brilliant…
More details on the Standbike website here
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- CAF-E: Tim Cameron’s supercharged hybrid motorcycl...
- MotoGP: Tech3 Yamaha, Monster Energy come together...
- MotoGP: LCR Honda, Playboy get together for 2009
- 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000: A few opinions…
- MZ may be revived. Again
- 2009 Ural Gear-Up Sahara: For real men (and women)...
- Ducati Streetfighter S to hit US dealerships in Ma...
- A3W Motiv: Julien Rondino’s three-wheeled concept ...
- 2WD on sportsbikes: Is there more to come?
- Hub-centre steering on custom-built classic cafe-r...
- More pics: 2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic, Griso ...
- Qianjiang Motor to invest another 20 million euros...
- EV-0 RR: Sexing-up the battery-powered racebike
- 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R riding impression
- Jorge Lorenzo speaks about the 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1
- Just how fast are those WSBK bikes?
- Husqvarna gets new manufacturing, R&D facility in ...
- Eight Sleight: Standbike V8 concept
- Red Alert: Ducati 1098R vs Desmosedici RR
- Ready to race: Ducati 1098R vs BSB-spec Ducati 109...
- Audi Shark Hovercraft: If only this were a trike.....
- Shootout: ZX-6R vs R6 vs CBR600RR vs GSX-R600 vs D...
- 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride
- AIRPod: MDI unveils air-engined trike
- MV Agusta F4 sidecar rig
- Messerschmitt KR200: The cabin scooter, from the s...
- ENV: The hydrogen motorcycle cometh?
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato