Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Qianjiang Motor to invest another 20 million euros in Benelli
According to a report on Motociclismo, Qianjiang Motor – the Chinese company that acquired Benelli in 2005 – is looking at investing up to 20 million euros towards developing new Benelli motorcycles. Haimei Yan, the man who heads Qianjiang, says that while Benelli is not profitable yet, they’re not giving up anytime soon. ‘We are here to stay and we believe in the project. We have creativity and the ability to design new motorcycles,’ says Yan.
The new Benelli motorcycles that are expected to be launched by the end of this year include the Due 756, which will be powered by a 90bhp, 756cc parallel twin, and a 600cc supersports machine fitted with an all-new 600cc inline-four, for which the target output is said to be 130bhp at 15,500rpm. With its new bikes and tighter focus on quality control, Benelli will be profitable in a few years time, says Yan.
The biggest obstacle, according to Yan, is the way business is conducted in Italy. ‘Rampant Italian bureaucracy, the convoluted system of granting various permits and chaotic business processes hamper Benelli’s growth and development,’ he says.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- CAF-E: Tim Cameron’s supercharged hybrid motorcycl...
- MotoGP: Tech3 Yamaha, Monster Energy come together...
- MotoGP: LCR Honda, Playboy get together for 2009
- 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000: A few opinions…
- MZ may be revived. Again
- 2009 Ural Gear-Up Sahara: For real men (and women)...
- Ducati Streetfighter S to hit US dealerships in Ma...
- A3W Motiv: Julien Rondino’s three-wheeled concept ...
- 2WD on sportsbikes: Is there more to come?
- Hub-centre steering on custom-built classic cafe-r...
- More pics: 2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic, Griso ...
- Qianjiang Motor to invest another 20 million euros...
- EV-0 RR: Sexing-up the battery-powered racebike
- 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R riding impression
- Jorge Lorenzo speaks about the 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1
- Just how fast are those WSBK bikes?
- Husqvarna gets new manufacturing, R&D facility in ...
- Eight Sleight: Standbike V8 concept
- Red Alert: Ducati 1098R vs Desmosedici RR
- Ready to race: Ducati 1098R vs BSB-spec Ducati 109...
- Audi Shark Hovercraft: If only this were a trike.....
- Shootout: ZX-6R vs R6 vs CBR600RR vs GSX-R600 vs D...
- 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 first ride
- AIRPod: MDI unveils air-engined trike
- MV Agusta F4 sidecar rig
- Messerschmitt KR200: The cabin scooter, from the s...
- ENV: The hydrogen motorcycle cometh?
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato