Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Motus Motorcycles’ V4 sport-tourer on the way
Here’s some exciting news from America – a new motorcycle company, Motus, is working on a brand-new, all-American sport-tourer which will be fitted with a V4 engine! Motus has been set up by Lee Conn and Brian Case, the latter being an industrial designer who earlier headed design at Confederate Motorcycles. (Brian, in fact, played a significant role in the design and development of the Wraith motorcycle…)
Motus have been working on their V4-powered sport-tourer since March 2008. ‘Our V4 engine and proprietary chassis designs are currently underway with highly respected automotive engineering partners. The design calls for a comfortable, lightweight machine that blends American muscle performance with proven range-extending technology. The focal point for the Motus bike will be our engine. We believe the engine will be completely unexpected and completely different than anything currently available,’ says Brian.
Hmm… we admit we’re all excited about this one. What ‘range extending technology’ could Motus be working on? Could the V4 engine be a part of some kind of a hybrid powertrain? Anyway, there are no tech specs or pics available at this time, though Brian promises he’ll keep us updated, so stay tuned for more…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- Yamaha France offers 2009 MotoGP-replica R1s
- Valentino Rossi to do an exhibition lap at the 200...
- Honda: 50 years of motorcycle grand prix racing
- Aero 3S add bling to the Campagna T-Rex, OptaMotiv...
- 2009 Japanese MotoGP: Race results from Motegi
- Custom-built Honda CBR1000F-based streetfighter
- TSS1100GP: Three-cylinder two-stroke superbike fro...
- Face-off: BMW K1 vs K1300S
- Peugeot RD: Electric three-wheeler concept unveile...
- 2009 MotoGP: Pedrosa beats Biaggi’s top speed reco...
- Yamaha may launch T-Max 750 in 2010
- BMW ConnectedRide: Motorcycle rider safety project...
- BMW S1000RR to be priced competitively, will take ...
- Parajet Skycar: Yamaha R1-engined flying car to be...
- Riding Impression: MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
- 2009 Qatar MotoGP picture gallery
- 2009 Qatar MotoGP: Race results from Losail
- 2009 MotoGP: The bikes are ready...
- Wunderlich Caranguejeira: Killer K1200R
- 2009 Ducati Supermono Strada: Alistair Wager reinv...
- 2009 Zero S unveiled, deliveries to start in May
- Motus Motorcycles’ V4 sport-tourer on the way
- GM-Segway PUMA: It’s that urban mobility thing aga...
- Jawa celebrates 80th Anniversary, announces 650 Da...
- Sylvain Guintoli buys a Lamborghini Gallardo
- Pimp my ride: AC Schnitzer K1300R
- Aprilia RSV4 Factory prices announced
- Malaguti Phantom F12R Bayliss Limited Edition
- 2009 Yamaha MT-01 SP launched
- ▼ April (29)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato