Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Valentino Rossi to do an exhibition lap at the 2009 IoM TT
No, he isn’t going racing at the Isle of Man, but according to a report on MCN, six-time MotoGP world champ Valentino ‘The Doctor’ Rossi will do an exhibition lap at this year’s IoM TT. Rossi will ride alongside multi-time motorcycle GP racing world champ, the legendary Giacomo Agostini – both riders will be on 2009 Yamaha R1s. They wouldn’t be going flat out though – the duo will ride behind a course car and will be followed by a crew of as many as eight race marshals…
‘I am fascinated by all sorts of motorsport and the Isle of Man is a destination and a race I have wanted to experience for a long time. The MotoGP schedule is very busy around this time of year, but this year the TT has moved dates a little and there is a week gap between Mugello and Catalunya, so now at last we have the opportunity,’ says Rossi, who’ll be visiting the Isle of Man for the very first time.
‘I have seen many famous shots from the TT races and of course heard much about it from Giacomo. It will be a great honour for me to attend the Isle of Man TT – it is a race that I have always been curious to see, and now finally I will get my chance. It is a race so steeped in history that I think every motorcyclist in the world has heard of the Isle of Man TT. On TV it looks f***ing crazy, so for real it must look incredible, and having never seen a proper road race, I’m really looking forward to that,’ says Rossi.
Hmm… now if only we could scrape together some money for those plane tickets, we’d love to be there as well. Oh, well, someday… :-)
Update: Here's a video of Rossi's exhibition lap at the IoM...
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- Yamaha France offers 2009 MotoGP-replica R1s
- Valentino Rossi to do an exhibition lap at the 200...
- Honda: 50 years of motorcycle grand prix racing
- Aero 3S add bling to the Campagna T-Rex, OptaMotiv...
- 2009 Japanese MotoGP: Race results from Motegi
- Custom-built Honda CBR1000F-based streetfighter
- TSS1100GP: Three-cylinder two-stroke superbike fro...
- Face-off: BMW K1 vs K1300S
- Peugeot RD: Electric three-wheeler concept unveile...
- 2009 MotoGP: Pedrosa beats Biaggi’s top speed reco...
- Yamaha may launch T-Max 750 in 2010
- BMW ConnectedRide: Motorcycle rider safety project...
- BMW S1000RR to be priced competitively, will take ...
- Parajet Skycar: Yamaha R1-engined flying car to be...
- Riding Impression: MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
- 2009 Qatar MotoGP picture gallery
- 2009 Qatar MotoGP: Race results from Losail
- 2009 MotoGP: The bikes are ready...
- Wunderlich Caranguejeira: Killer K1200R
- 2009 Ducati Supermono Strada: Alistair Wager reinv...
- 2009 Zero S unveiled, deliveries to start in May
- Motus Motorcycles’ V4 sport-tourer on the way
- GM-Segway PUMA: It’s that urban mobility thing aga...
- Jawa celebrates 80th Anniversary, announces 650 Da...
- Sylvain Guintoli buys a Lamborghini Gallardo
- Pimp my ride: AC Schnitzer K1300R
- Aprilia RSV4 Factory prices announced
- Malaguti Phantom F12R Bayliss Limited Edition
- 2009 Yamaha MT-01 SP launched
- ▼ April (29)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato