Thursday, May 07, 2009
Honda: The RC212V isn’t good enough!
That Honda/HRC would say that their MotoGP bike – the 800cc RC212V – just isn’t good enough, would be quite unimaginable for most. Honda/HRC bosses have been known for their ‘pride,’ which sometimes borders on arrogance. However, in a shock move, the company is now admitting that it’s actually the machine and not the man because of which Honda have failed to win races and championships in MotoGP, in the 800cc era.
‘The reason why Dani couldn’t get the championship is because the machine is not good enough. For the last two years, the bike was not at a good level. Our 800cc machine has missed something,’ said HRC boss Shuhei Nakamoto, speaking to MCN. ‘I think Dani’s potential is enough to win the championship, but my feeling is that the machine is not good enough,’ he added.
‘If we don’t win the title in 2009, it is Honda’s responsibility, not Dani’s,’ said Nakamoto. And of course, Pedrosa quite agrees with Nakamoto. 'To be able to win we must improve the motorcycle. My results might hide the problems, but they are there. Look at the other Honda riders. They were half a minute from victory [at Jerez],' he says.
We seriously doubt if Honda/Pedrosa will be serious contenders for winning the MotoGP world title this year. While Stoner and Rossi have won 17 and 14 races each, in the 800cc era, Pedrosa has only won four races.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- 2009 Italian MotoGP: Race results from Mugello
- 2009 MotoGP wallpaper
- Valentino Rossi vs Wayne Rainey vs Eddie Lawson vs...
- BMW S1000RR: What lies beneath...
- Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 4V NTX unveiled
- Mac Motorcycles: New British brand announces plans...
- Arai, Shoei and Icon helmets bag top three spots i...
- Miguel Galluzzi talks about the Aprilia RSV4
- BMW announces Special Edition R1200GS
- 2009 Yamaha R1 vs Aprilia RSV4
- Lumeneo Smera goes on sale in France
- 2009 French MotoGP: Race results from Le Mans
- Troy Bayliss: ‘I have no intention of returning to...
- Rossi rides through Paris, Tech3 celebrates 20th B...
- Franco Uncini to sell his Suzuki XR40
- Troy Bayliss tests Ducati Desmosedici GP9 at Mugel...
- First pics and specs: BMW S1000RR streetbike
- BMW Project i: The Clever concept
- 4MC: Nick Shotter's amazing four-wheeled motorcycl...
- Big CC: 450bhp GSX-R1000 K7 Turbo
- Aprilia RSV4 road test
- Craig Jones does 238km/h on ice, on a Buell 1125R
- Honda: The RC212V isn’t good enough!
- Memorable: The magnificent Honda NR750
- Voxan Nefertiti announced, might go on sale in 201...
- Honda to supply Moto2 engines
- Pics from the 2009 Spanish MotoGP
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato