Thursday, June 25, 2009
Suzuki launch RMX450Z Enduro racer aimed at 2010 Dakar Rally
With KTM having been pushed out of the Dakar Rally, it seems Suzuki have now set their sights on winning the legendary desert race in 2010. The company has announced the launch of its new enduro racer, the all-new RMX450Z, which is based on the RM-Z450 motocross machine. The RMX450Z features the same fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 450cc engine and electric-start has also been added to the package.
The Suzuki RMX, which has specifically been developed for enduro races, features suitably optimised suspension, a lighting kit, digital instrumentation and an enduro-friendly 18-inch rear wheel. The bike will be available in Suzuki dealerships later this year though prices are yet to be announced. We’re guessing Suzuki will be going all out to capture Dakar glory in 2010 though we’ll still miss KTM…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- 2009 Dutch TT: Race results from Assen
- Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest
- FIM announces new race series for electric motorcy...
- Suzuki launch RMX450Z Enduro racer aimed at 2010 D...
- 2010 Honda VFR1200 revealed!
- Gooichi 749: Longer, lower, hotter…
- Ferrari vs Ducati showdown at ‘Ducs Fly South’ tra...
- Mitsuyoshi Kohama talks about future Honda motorcy...
- Riding impression: Derbi Mulhacén Café 659 Angel N...
- Shocker: Patmont Motor Werks show radical new off-...
- KTM to continue development work on two-stroke eng...
- James Toseland to return to WSBK in 2010, with Als...
- Scorpion Performance: The supercharged, 90bhp Cagi...
- 2009 Catalan Grand Prix: More pics, chicks, video ...
- Jay Leno talks about the Zero S
- 2009 Catalan MotoGP: Race results from Catalunya
- 2010 Kawasaki 1400GTR may get night vision, HUD
- 2010 Aprilia RSV1000 Factory: Transformed!
- KTM-engined Lambretta runs amok…
- MotoCzysz E1pc: Michael Czysz’s battery-powered su...
- KTM to withdraw from the Dakar Rally!!
- Tularis 800: Two-stroke Polaris-powered buzzbomb
- BMW Le Rider: Lo and behold!
- Firexpress BMW R1200RT: The heat is on…
- 2009 Italian MotoGP: Images from Mugello
- ▼ June (25)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato