Wednesday, August 05, 2009
2010 Yamaha VMax announced
Yamaha are now taking orders on the 2010 VMax, which is now also being offered in red. Mr Max’s calling card is still, of course, its 1.7-litre, 200 horsepower engine that absolutely hauls ass in a straight line. We could talk about electronics and YCC-T and YCC-I but we don’t really care. What we – and you, probably – are more interested in is that Mr Max goes from zero to 100km/h in 2.66 seconds and is capable of doing the standing quarter-mile (400m) in less than 10 seconds.
The fully adjustable suspension and Brembo brakes with ABS help things in the corners, but the VMax lives for the straights. This time around, however, it’s a bit more expensive – US$19,500 instead of the 2009 model’s $18,000. But that’s all right. We’ll go by what Dirck Edge and Jeff Whitmer of Motorcycle Daily have to say about Mr Max. ‘We've ridden them all. The ZX-14. The Vulcan 2000 with its 2,053cc V-twin. The Hayabusa. And the Honda Rune with its 1,832cc flat six fed by a half dozen throttle bodies. Nothing leaves a stop light like the new VMax. The VMax is laying down more than 100 pound/feet of torque at the rear tyre before inline-fours like the ZX-14 and Hayabusa have finished clearing their throats. Like many things in life, it is something you have to experience to fully appreciate and understand,’ they say. Amen.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- MotoGP 3D: For those who really like to watch…!
- BMW F800R Chris Pfeiffer replica announced
- MZ Emmely EL1: Are Chinese-made electric scooters ...
- Millyard Viper V10: Allen Millyard builds 8.0-litr...
- T-Kart: $1,900 DIY Batmobile is go!
- Jorge Lorenzo to stay at Yamaha for 2010
- 2010 Roehr 1250sc riding impression
- In conversation with Kevin ‘Revvin’ Schwantz
- GP Motorsports to sell Aprilia-powered, Ilmor-fram...
- Ducati 1098S: Martini Racing replica rocks!
- About clicking on and downloading photos on Faster...
- 2009 Czech MotoGP: Race pics from Brno
- Ilmor develop turbocharged 700cc five-stroke engin...
- Confederate P120 Fighter Combat unveiled
- 2009 Czech MotoGP: Race results from Brno
- AD Koncept’s Playboy LCR-Honda Fireblade replica
- Casey Stoner to miss next three MotoGP races due t...
- Lazareth Wazuma: 500bhp BMW V12-powered quad that ...
- Special Edition Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R up for grabs ...
- Richard Hammond races a Honda Fireblade against a ...
- Red Fenix’s US$144,000 Ducati 1198RF
- Colin Edwards: The Texas Tornado talks...
- 2WD Yamaha R1: Riding impression
- 2010 Yamaha VMax announced
- Showdown: Yamaha V-Max vs Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-...
- Shaggy: Fly High
- Please help the Black Nail Brigade Foundation
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato