Monday, September 28, 2009
2010 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR, 990R announced
MV Agusta have announced the 2010 Brutale 1090RR and 990R machines, which, according to MV, share only 15% of their components with the earlier Brutale bikes. Designed by Massimo Tamburini, the first Brutale was launched almost 10 years ago and still looks as good as ever. And that’s probably a good thing because even the 2010 bikes, which have supposedly been updated in a big way, don’t look very different from the older bikes…
Then again, look more closely and you realise that the Brutale 1090RR and 990R are subtly different from the earlier 1078RR and 989R. They also, as their names imply, have slightly bigger, more powerful engines - 153bhp for the 1090RR and 141bhp for the 990R. Mechanical changes include improved engine cooling and lubrication, lighter, more compact throttle bodies, and two riding modes for wet and dry weather conditions. Both bikes are equipped with a traction control system and the Brutale 1090RR also gets a slipper clutch.
The 2010 Brutale bikes feature an all-new chassis made of chrome-molybdenum tubes and aluminium plates, the single-sided swingarm is 20mm longer (made of forged aluminium for the 1090RR) and the rear monoshock is new. Forged aluminium wheels are lighter and stronger than before and the 1090RR gets lighter brake discs with monobloc callipers. The seat has also been redesigned for improved long-distance riding comfort.
The new MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR is priced at 18,500 euros, while the Brutale 990R costs 15,500 euros (US prices have been set at $18,000 and $15,000 respectively for the two bikes). We don’t really know what to make of the new Brutale duo. Yes, the bikes look gorgeous as ever. But ten years is a long time and a lot of people may have been expecting a much more significant update in terms of the styling and design. We’d like to know what you think of the new MV Brutale 1090 and 990 machines – post your thoughts in the comments section below…
Labels: MV Agusta
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- 2010 Honda CB1100 to be unveiled at the Tokyo Moto...
- Jay Leno to auction off his Yamaha VMax to promote...
- Face off: Mick Doohan vs Michael Schumacher in ROC...
- Motorcycle Helmets: The Snell debate rages on
- 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster announced
- Rever Corsa Ducati 1198 Strada unleashed
- 2010 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR, 990R announced
- Honda U3-X: Reinventing the wheel?
- Moto Morini believe they’ll be back on track in 20...
- 2010 Aprilia RSV4 R announced
- 2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796 announced
- Video: Kane Friesen’s 219km/h stoppie!
- Giacomo Agostini: “I am the greatest!”
- Ben Spies replica Yamaha R1 prepared by UK dealer
- BMW S1000RR: UK prices announced
- Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey agree 2009 Yamaha YZR-M...
- Mission One electric bike hits 241.5km/h at Bonnev...
- Suzi Perry is UK bikers’ fantasy passenger
- Motus Motorcycles, Pratt & Miller working on V4-en...
- Faster and Faster gets on The Daily Reviewer's Top...
- 2Evil: The Scooter from Hell
- 2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA unveiled
- 2010 Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit announced
- Valentino Rossi: ‘To improve at 29, you have to st...
- 2010 Yamaha FZ1 announced
- 2010 Yamaha FZ6R announced
- 2010 Yamaha YZF-R6 announced
- Honda dual clutch transmission for bigger sportsbi...
- 2010 Can-Am Spyder Roadster line-up announced
- 2010 Honda CB1000R announced
- 2010 Honda CBR600RR announced
- 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade announced
- ION: Battery-powered prototype sportsbike looks go...
- King Kenny rides the Yamaha TZ750. Again
- Kevin Schwantz on the 1993 Suzuki RGV500: “Everyth...
- ▼ September (35)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato