Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Motus Motorcycles, Pratt & Miller working on V4-engined sports tourers
According to a press release from Motus Motorcycles, the fledgling US-based (in Birmingham, Alabama) company has tied up with Pratt & Miller Engineering for the development of their new motorcycles. Their first motorcycles – the Motus MST-01 and MST-R – will be V4-engined sports tourers, with high-tech bits like a chrome-molybdenum space frame and carbon composite bodywork.
According to Motus, the MST-01 will be a ‘next generation sport touring motorcycle engineered for performance, comfort, and range.’ In addition to the MST-01, there will also be a higher-spec MST-R, which we suppose might be the racier, sportier version but with the same engine and chassis.
A high-tech, American-engineered V4-powered sports tourer sounds like a good idea. There is, however, no word on when the actual bike will be revealed. The EICMA at Milan, this year? We’ll just have to wait and watch…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- 2010 Honda CB1100 to be unveiled at the Tokyo Moto...
- Jay Leno to auction off his Yamaha VMax to promote...
- Face off: Mick Doohan vs Michael Schumacher in ROC...
- Motorcycle Helmets: The Snell debate rages on
- 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster announced
- Rever Corsa Ducati 1198 Strada unleashed
- 2010 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR, 990R announced
- Honda U3-X: Reinventing the wheel?
- Moto Morini believe they’ll be back on track in 20...
- 2010 Aprilia RSV4 R announced
- 2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796 announced
- Video: Kane Friesen’s 219km/h stoppie!
- Giacomo Agostini: “I am the greatest!”
- Ben Spies replica Yamaha R1 prepared by UK dealer
- BMW S1000RR: UK prices announced
- Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey agree 2009 Yamaha YZR-M...
- Mission One electric bike hits 241.5km/h at Bonnev...
- Suzi Perry is UK bikers’ fantasy passenger
- Motus Motorcycles, Pratt & Miller working on V4-en...
- Faster and Faster gets on The Daily Reviewer's Top...
- 2Evil: The Scooter from Hell
- 2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA unveiled
- 2010 Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit announced
- Valentino Rossi: ‘To improve at 29, you have to st...
- 2010 Yamaha FZ1 announced
- 2010 Yamaha FZ6R announced
- 2010 Yamaha YZF-R6 announced
- Honda dual clutch transmission for bigger sportsbi...
- 2010 Can-Am Spyder Roadster line-up announced
- 2010 Honda CB1000R announced
- 2010 Honda CBR600RR announced
- 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade announced
- ION: Battery-powered prototype sportsbike looks go...
- King Kenny rides the Yamaha TZ750. Again
- Kevin Schwantz on the 1993 Suzuki RGV500: “Everyth...
- ▼ September (35)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato