Friday, October 09, 2009
2010 Yamahas get… new colours, revised ECUs!!!
Yamaha have announced the 2010 YZF-R6 and, well, apart from new colours the bike seems to the same as the 2009 model. Yamaha claim the R6’s ECU has been remapped and the exhaust system has been redesigned, for a bit more torque at lower revs and improved mid-range power delivery.
The other ‘new’ bike announced for 2010 is the European-spec XJ6 Diversion F, which comes with a new fairing for improved aerodynamics and weather protection. The bike is available in blue and black, ABS is optional.
The 2010 Yamaha FZ1 and FZ1 Fazer also get revised ECU mapping for more consistent low- and mid-range power delivery.
And finally, there’s the 2010 Yamaha TMax, which is now in its 10th year of production and is now available in white, with a two-tone seat and titanium-polished wheels.
Yamaha say they understand if you aren’t thrilled to bits with their 2010 bikes. No, well, they don’t. But we do wish their 'new' bikes were a bit more exciting…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- US Government agrees to extend loans to manufactur...
- V12 Honda CBX redefines ‘awesome’
- Shinya Nakano retires from racing, might continue ...
- V8-engined Cosmos 4RWF, 2RWF from Brazil
- Piaggio to invest 12 million euros towards the rev...
- 2010 Kawasaki 1400 GTR riding impression
- 2010 Honda VFR1200F: First ride by CMG Online
- Mega Machines: SR-71 Blackbird vs Ducati Desmosedi...
- Darren Haley builds ‘night vision’ system for his ...
- Claudio Castiglioni: ‘We must now go forward and r...
- Buell to be shut down, MV Agusta to be sold: Harle...
- Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan ride in Melbourne to pr...
- 2010 Vyrus 987 C3 4V: Fastest, most powerful produ...
- Wayne Gardner says Stoner’s absence was ‘suspiciou...
- BMW F800R Chris Pfeiffer: Riding impression
- Ducati Streetfighter S: Riding impression
- Jeremy Burgess: ‘Valentino develops the bike, the ...
- 2010 Yamahas get… new colours, revised ECUs!!!
- Valentino Rossi: Special liveries don't work as we...
- Husqvarna hits 25,000 units production mark under ...
- Honda VFR1200F: redefining the sports-tourer
- 2010 Honda VFR1200F: Official pics, specs and vide...
- Nissan Land Glider: A four-wheeled motorcycle!
- Aprilia SMV750 Dorsoduro ABS: Riding impression
- Casey Stoner: ‘Experience counts for nothing’
- BMW C1-E concept revealed
- Six Monkeys build a Triumph Daytona 1050
- 2010 Kawasaki ZX-10R revealed, looks dull
- 2010 Kawasaki Versys gets… new headlights!
- 2010 Kawasaki 1400GTR gets traction control
- 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 gets new engine and chassis
- Gigi, Zário: Brazil’s motorcycle-riding comic book...
- ▼ October (32)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato