Friday, October 16, 2009

Claudio Castiglioni: ‘We must now go forward and resume interrupted work!’


Claudio Castiglioni, former owner of MV Agusta, remains confident that the company will continue to operate without trouble and will only grow in the near future

Within hours of Harley-Davidson announcing that they will shut down Buell and sell MV Agusta, Motociclismo were able to speak to Claudio Castiglioni, from whom Harley had bought MV last year and who still continues to head MV operations in Italy.

‘We are preparing to put up a great show at EICMA in Milan this year, where MV will unveil two new bikes. It would have been better for us had this news [of Harley’s decision to sell MV] come out later. But I am told this news had to be released immediately due to the requirements of the American Stock Exchange. But, perhaps, it’s just as well. MV is a strong brand, loved by all. The bikes that we will present at EICMA will be even more appreciated,’ said Castiglioni.

‘After Tamburini left us, our capacity to do another great bike had been diminished. So we must now go forward and resume interrupted work. To be honest, I think it would be logical – from the business perspective – that MV should move back into Italian ownership,’ said Castiglioni, perhaps implying that he might actually purchase MV back from Harley!

Here at Faster and Faster, we are very big fans of MV Agusta – we absolutely love the marque, the brand and their utterly gorgeous motorcycles – and we’d certainly be happy to see MV ownership return to Italy. It would also be great to see Massimo Tamburini return to MV and design their next supersports machine. Wishful thinking? Maybe, maybe not. But that doesn’t stop us from dreaming…

Post a Comment

Share It