Monday, November 09, 2009
2010 Honda CBF1000: First pics and specs
Honda have released first pics of the 2010 CBF1000, which gets a new aluminium chassis and a reworked inline-four that now produces 106 horsepower (an increase of about 9bhp over the old engine) and 96Nm of torque. Honda say they’ve made efforts to boost mid-range torque and the PGM-FI fuel-injection system has been optimised for smoother running and reduced fuel consumption.
Other changes include a four-position adjustable windscreen, broader, re-shaped seat, LED indicators and tail-lamp, revised instrument panel, new 41mm fork, a more robust swingarm, new, preload adjustable rear shock and Combined-ABS as standard fitment. The styling has also been sharpened up a bit and the CBF’s headlamps now look as they’ve been taken off a CBR600RR. Honda are also offering a wide range of accessories for the bike, including purpose-build panniers and heated grips.
2010 Honda CBF1000: Specs
Engine: Liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, DOHC, 998cc inline-four
Fuel tank capacity: 20 litres
Fuel consumption: 18.4km/l
Gearbox: Six-speed, with hydraulic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Front Suspension: 41mm telescopic fork with adjustable preload
Rear Suspension: Preload adjustable HMAS shock absorbers
Wheels and Tyres: 17-inch alloy wheels, 120/70 (front) and 160/60 (rear) tyres
Brakes: Twin 296mm discs with 3-piston callipers (front) and single 240mm disc (rear), with C-ABS
Kerb weight: 245kg
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- KTM RC8 takes on X-Bow, Audi R8
- Asphaltfighters Stormbringer: Zero to 300km/h in 1...
- 2010 Yamaha XT660X announced
- 2010 Honda CB1300S C-ABS announced
- 2010 KTM 990 Super Duke gets new colours
- Voltra: An electric café racer concept from Austra...
- Norton Commando 961 SE riding impression
- Aprilia abandons Moto2 plans, will focus on WSBK
- 2010 Kawasaki Z1000: Riding impression
- BMW S1000RR: Riding impression
- Suzuki Katana 1100: Retro streetfighter done right...
- 2010 Campagna T-Rex 14RR announced
- Harley-Davidson enlist BNP Paribas to help with MV...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR vs Ferrari F430
- Erik Buell chucks up his job at Harley, sets up in...
- Wayne Gardner rides all the 2009 WSBK bikes, likes...
- 2010 MV Agusta F4 judged less beautiful than the D...
- BMW HP2 Sport Motorsport to go on sale in Europe i...
- Suter SRT500: A 500cc two-stroke MotoGP bike that ...
- The Suzuki GSX-R that built itself...
- Shootout: BMW F800R vs Benelli TNT 899S
- 2010 KTM 690 Duke R unveiled at the EICMA
- Pics and video from the 2009 EICMA
- Piaggio USB: One for the pizza delivery boy
- Moto Guzzi V12 Le Mans, V12 Strada and V12 X conce...
- Moto Guzzi V7 Clubman Racer: That ’70s Show…
- 2010 Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V announced
- BMW Concept 6 unveiled, is the most awesome bike a...
- Special Edition 2010 Triumph Speed Triple unveiled...
- 2010 MV Agusta F4: Official pics, specs and video
- 2010 Ducati 1198R Corse announced
- 2010 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo, 1100 Evo SP anno...
- Oral fixation: Hitting all the right notes...
- 2010 Honda XL700V Transalp: First pics, specs
- 2010 Honda CBF1000: First pics and specs
- Fast Dates 2010 Calendar Girls
- 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200: First official pics ...
- 2010 Aprilia Shiver 750: First pics
- 2010 Aprilia Dorsoduro Factory revealed
- 2010 BMW R1200GS, R1200RT: First pics and specs
- DC Shoe Bike: Travis Pastrana gets the boot!
- Mavizen TTX02 unveiled at the 2009 SEMA Show in La...
- 2010 MV Agusta F4 unveiled. Well, almost...!
- 2011 CR&S Duu to be unveiled at the 2009 EICMA
- ▼ November (44)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato