Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Moto Guzzi V12 concept bikes win 2009 MDA Trophy
The Motorcycle Design Association (set up in 2001 by Glynn Kerr and Francois-Marie Dumas) has announced the winner of its 2009 Motorcycle Design Trophy, which goes to the three Moto Guzzi concept bikes that were unveiled at this year’s EICMA Show in Italy.
The three Moto Guzzi bikes – the V12 Le Mans, V12 Strada and V12 X – were penned by a team of designers headed by the redoubtable Pierre Terblanche. The other bikes that were ‘highly recommended’ by members of the MDA include the BMW S1000RR and Concept 6, Aprilia RSV4 and KTM 125 concepts.
More details on the MDA and their awards here
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- Claudio Castiglioni: “Why stop at 150km/h?!”
- Ben Spies' Yamaha R1 riding impression
- Moto Guzzi V12 concept bikes win 2009 MDA Trophy
- BMW S1000RR takes on Japanese litre-class superbik...
- KTM 690 Duke R riding impression
- Aprilia RSV4 R riding impression
- Cedric Lynch: “They won't equal petrol-engined bik...
- 1,000cc engines to make a comeback in MotoGP in 20...
- Graziano Rossi: “As soon as you believe you are th...
- Shootout: Benelli TNT 1130 vs Ducati Streetfighter...
- Cameron Diaz, Tom Cruise ride a Ducati Hypermotard...
- Voxan VX10 Nefertiti: The road less travelled…
- Ducati Desmosedici RR: Better than ever before...
- 1987 Suzuki GSX-R750: Old school cool
- BMW S1000RR goes to war against Japan Inc.
- Suzuki GB announces limited edition GSX-R750
- ▼ December (16)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato