Monday, July 20, 2009
Henry Surtees, who was just 18 years old, was killed today in what’s being called a ‘freak racing accident,’ during an F2 race at the Brands Hatch circuit in the UK. Henry was the son of John Surtees, the only man ever to win both 500cc motorcycle grand prix racing (1956, with MV Agusta) and F1 car racing (1964, with Ferrari) world championships.
‘He had shown himself to be one with the possibilities of reaching the very top. Despite his young age he had shown maturity, technical understanding and speed. Most importantly, he was a nice person and a loving son. He will be deeply missed,’ said John, speaking about Henry.
We convey our deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathies to the Surtees family.
In their quest to develop the finest motorcycle engine oils, Castrol have recruited a new test rider – Flossie, the robot. ‘He is invaluable in tests which support our core product benefits such as increased power or increased acceleration,’ say Castrol.
Flossie (who isn’t related to a certain Rossi, as far as we know…) can test any scooter or motorcycle and has a ‘self learning’ mode that allows it to learn a bike’s gear change pattern, clutch feel and throttle response etc.
Castrol claim that Flossie is the ultimate precision rider who never gets tired, isn’t troubled by engine noise at 16,000rpm, doesn’t mind riding in extreme cold or heat… and doesn’t even crave a cold beer and a hamburger after a hard session of testing. And isn’t that just brilliant…
Here's Flossie in action. You don't want to miss watching this video!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Valentino Rossi won the German MotoGP at Sachsenring, followed by Lorenzo in second place and Pedrosa in third. As always, the dogfight between Rossi and Lorenzo was hugely entertaining...
1. Valentino Rossi Fiat Yamaha Team 41min 21.769 sec
2. Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha Team 41min 21.868 sec
3. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 41min 24.668 sec
4. Casey Stoner Ducati Marlboro Team 41min 31.995 sec
5. Alex de Angelis San Carlo Honda Gresini 41min 43.291 sec
6. Toni Elias San Carlo Honda Gresini 41min 52.621 sec
7. Marco Melandri Hayate Racing Team 41min 53.070 sec
8. Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Team 41min 53.495 sec
9. Colin Edwards Monster Yamaha Tech 3 41min 54.634 sec
10. James Toseland Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42min 5.695 sec
11. Loris Capirossi Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 42min 19.144 sec
12. Niccolo Canepa Pramac Racing 42min 22.308 sec
13. Chris Vermeulen Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 42min 25.414 sec
14. Mika Kallio Pramac Racing 42min 25.924 sec
15. Gabor Talmacsi Scot Racing Team MotoGP 41min 22.338 sec
Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team
Pics from various races in the 2009 MotoGP season. Sachsenring pics to follow soon...
Saturday, July 18, 2009
With its 100bhp Honda V4 engine, the 440kg Marotti trike should be good fun...!
The Poland-based Marotti have prepared this rather outlandish trike you see here, which is fitted with a 750cc, V4 Honda engine. The vehicle weighs 440 kilos and with the engine producing 100bhp at 11,000rpm, the package is sure to provide a few thrills.
Power is transferred to the Marotti trike’s rear wheel via chain drive, and a sequential six-speed gearbox is used. The 17-inch wheels are shod with 255/45 (front) and 275/45 (rear) tyres and the suspension consists of double rocker arm setup at front and roller rocker arm at the rear.
Marotti claim their trike has the dynamics of a motorcycle and is as safe and easy to drive as a car. Hmmm... looks quite all right to us!
Marotti trike - the promo videos...
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- 2009 British MotoGP: Pics from Donington Park
- 2009 British MotoGP: Race results from Donington P...
- Piaggio Ape Calessino Electric Lithium launched in...
- Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo to use Dainese D-ai...
- 2010 Sand-X 800 T-ATV: The desert raider
- In conversation with Nicky Hayden
- Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000RR: We want one!
- Troy Corser and Nick Heidfeld swap superbike and F...
- Norton Commando 961 SE to be launched in September...
- John Surtees’ son, Henry Surtees passes away in a ...
- Flossie: Castrol’s robotic motorcycle test rider i...
- 2009 German MotoGP: Pics from Sachsenring
- 2009 German MotoGP: Race results from Sachsenring
- Marotti unleash Honda 750 V4-engined trike
- Suzuki GSR750 rumoured to be in the works…
- Buell 1125RR unveiled, will be raced in AMA’s Amer...
- 2010 Honda GL1800 Goldwing gets C-ABS
- Titilla II: Valentino Rossi buys $1.15 million boa...
- Honda V4-engined super-tourer coming in 2010, may ...
- Randy Mamola rides BQR-Honda Moto2 bike, likes it
- Riding impression: Hyosung GT650R
- Riding impression: Harley Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Mus...
- 2WD Yamaha R1: First ride video
- Valentino Rossi in fifth place on the list of worl...
- 2009 US MotoGP: Race results from Laguna Seca
- MotoGP in pictures...
- 1966 Batcycle with sidecar sold on eBay for US$29,...
- NHTSA may make ABS mandatory for bikes in the US
- Rever Corsa, Christian Audigier team up to build t...
- Dolmette: The 24-cylinder chainsaw-powered motorcy...
- 2010 Ducati 848 Nicky Hayden Edition unveiled at L...
- Rossi, Rainey, Lawson and Roberts go Kart racing a...
- Mat Mladin, Roaring Toyz to unveil custom GSX-R100...
- T3 Motion unveils CT3 electric trike
- Steve Twist's Norton Commando Transformer
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato