Saturday, January 16, 2010
Motus MST-01 sports tourer bets big on GDI tech
The V4-engined Motus MST-01 sports tourer seems to be getting closer to production reality. Motus are proud of the fast that the bike has been engineered in Michigan and designed and built in Birmingham, Alabama, in the US. The bike’s 1,650cc liquid-cooled V4 has been designed by Katech, whose claim to fame seems to be that they’re the ones who developed the Chevy Corvette Z06’s 500-horsepower engine.
Among other things, the Motus MST-01’s engine features gasoline direct injection (GDI) technology and high-speed digital fuel-injection, which is supposed to offer significant power and performance benefits over regular engines. (You can read more about this technology here)
What we find interesting is that Motus are pitching their sports tourer against nothing less than the Honda VFR1200F. The fledgling American company believes its 140bhp V4 – with only two valves per cylinder but with added benefits of GDI tech – will be able to take on the big VFR and, of course, other high-tech sports tourers from various Japanese and European companies.
With its triangulated tubular steel chassis, chain drive, high-spec suspension, integrated luggage carrying capacity and that all-new V4 engine, the MST-01 should be an interesting motorcycle. We just hope it will actually deliver what it promises when it’s launched later this year…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Bombay Blues: 1969 Royal Enfield Bullet 350 café r...
- Bosch’s motorcycle ABS wins Yellow Angel award fro...
- Erik Buell: “I’m certainly not done…”
- 2010 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: Valentin...
- Kawasaki ZX-7 gets two-stroke makeover
- IoM announces TT Zero, TTXGP sidelined again
- 2010 KTM 990 Adventure R riding impression
- 2010 Kawasaki Z1000 vs Triumph Speed Triple
- Vyrus 987 C3 4V: Official pics, specs
- Tamburini T1: Beyond perfect…?
- James Toseland: ‘Lorenzo comes across really arrog...
- Quest Velomobile: Honda ANF125i streamliner hits 2...
- Loris Capirossi: ‘MotoGP is for girls!’
- Wayne Gardner turns 50
- Charge: Mark Neale's film on the TTXGP story
- Love, Speed and Loss: Remembering Kim Newcombe
- Suzuki GB invites online reservations for 25th Ann...
- 2010 BMW R1200GS riding impression
- Motus MST-01 sports tourer bets big on GDI tech
- Bimota DB8: More performance, less money
- Ducati streetbikes to benefit from MotoGP developm...
- Nicky Hayden, on choosing between Megan Fox and Ke...
- Casey Stoner: “We’re going out to win the champion...
- In conversation with Patrizia Ruiz, the MotoGP Bea...
- Ducati 599 Mono concept from Australia
- Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs Ducati 1198S vs KTM RC8R
- Ducati 1098S vs Nissan Skyline GTR
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato