Saturday, February 20, 2010
Peraves E-Tracer gunning for Progressive Automotive X-Prize
After the MonoTracer, Swiss company Peraves are now ready with their new machine – the E-Tracer. While the E-Tracer is based on the MonoTracer and has the same styling, bodywork, chassis and suspension, it dumps the MonoT’s BMW engine in favour of lithium-ion batteries and a powerful electric motor that churns out 150 kilowatts (204 horsepower) and 215Nm of torque.
According to Peraves, the E-Tracer will accelerate from zero to 100km/h in less than four seconds and hit a top speed of 240km/h. With the batteries fully charged, range is 300km. The E-Tracer will be priced at around US$108,000 and deliveries are expected to start early next year. Later, there will also be a more powerful 268bhp ‘ultra sport’ version, which is also likely to be more expensive.
Peraves claim the E-Tracer is hugely energy efficient and will participate in the much hyped Progressive Automotive X-Prize competition with this vehicle.
Via Autoblog Green
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- British Beef: 250km/h Kawasaki ZX-12R trike
- Riders for Health: Rossi R1 bike to be auctioned f...
- 2010 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré: First pics, spec...
- Honda 3R-C concept to be unveiled at the Geneva Sh...
- Kawasaki ZX-7R picture gallery
- Future Ducati superbikes might have monocoque fram...
- BMW S1000RR stars in Black Eyed Peas music video
- 2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE announced
- Peraves E-Tracer gunning for Progressive Automotiv...
- Memorable: Krauser MKM1000
- From Japan: Honda CB750 Café Type Motorimoda
- School’s Cool: Prototype bike with hubless rear wh...
- 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster riding impression...
- Bennetts Babes Search 2010: It’s on!
- In conversation with Oberdan Bezzi
- Volkswagen motorcycles: Will they or won’t they?
- 2010 MV Agusta F4 riding impression
- Bajaj Auto in talks for KTM buyout
- Wayne Gardner: The Lone Rider
- Alitalia to sponsor Aprilia in World Superbikes
- Memorable: Buell RR1000 BattleTwin
- 2010 BMW R1200RT riding impression
- 2010 Aprilia SXV 5.5: The hooligan’s choice
- Rossi vs Lorenzo: The rivalry builds…
- 2010 Yamaha R6 riding impression
- 2010 Valentino Rossi unveiled in Sepang, Malaysia
- Lambretta to return to 125cc motorcycle world cham...
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato