Saturday, February 06, 2010
Rossi vs Lorenzo: The rivalry builds…
Reigning MotoGP world champ Valentino Rossi and his team mate Jorge Lorenzo will no longer share development data for their YZR-M1 bikes. ‘Considering the fact that these two riders are the main rivals for the MotoGP championship, we have decided to respect this competition internally and to respect their own ways to race and to approach the competition,’ said Davide Brivio, Rossi’s team manager.
‘At Yamaha, engineers can compare data and information, but the two teams inside the garage can work more independently from a technical point of view,’ said Brivio. ‘Each team has their own data. You can't see the other team's data. Only Yamaha engineers can see all the data and then feed it back to both riders,’ added Fiat Yamaha team director, Masahiko Nakajima.
‘I think that Jorge – already in 2008 but especially last year – demonstrated great speed and also a good attitude to fix and set-up the bike. Now he has two years in MotoGP so everybody in the team agreed that it is possible to make his own way,’ said Rossi. ‘I don't have anything to comment on this,’ said Lorenzo, implying that he may not be entirely happy with this development. Which is only to be expected - Jeremy Burgess had made it clear last year that it was Rossi who's entirely responsible for developing the race-winning Yamaha YZR-M1.
Things are different with the Tech3 Yamaha team in that Ben Spies and Colin Edwards will continue to share all data. But then neither of those riders is expected to be in the hunt for the 2010 MotoGP world championship. Rossi, of course, is taking things very seriously and has said he won’t be offering any advice or tips to friend and fellow Italian Marco Simoncelli, who comes to MotoGP this year with Gresini Honda. ‘When Marco signed for MotoGP, the tips are finished,’ said Rossi. ‘I have a good relationship with him and I've seen him growing up to be a world champion, but now he's a rival, like the others,’ added The Doctor.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- British Beef: 250km/h Kawasaki ZX-12R trike
- Riders for Health: Rossi R1 bike to be auctioned f...
- 2010 Yamaha XT1200Z Super Ténéré: First pics, spec...
- Honda 3R-C concept to be unveiled at the Geneva Sh...
- Kawasaki ZX-7R picture gallery
- Future Ducati superbikes might have monocoque fram...
- BMW S1000RR stars in Black Eyed Peas music video
- 2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE announced
- Peraves E-Tracer gunning for Progressive Automotiv...
- Memorable: Krauser MKM1000
- From Japan: Honda CB750 Café Type Motorimoda
- School’s Cool: Prototype bike with hubless rear wh...
- 2010 Triumph Rocket III Roadster riding impression...
- Bennetts Babes Search 2010: It’s on!
- In conversation with Oberdan Bezzi
- Volkswagen motorcycles: Will they or won’t they?
- 2010 MV Agusta F4 riding impression
- Bajaj Auto in talks for KTM buyout
- Wayne Gardner: The Lone Rider
- Alitalia to sponsor Aprilia in World Superbikes
- Memorable: Buell RR1000 BattleTwin
- 2010 BMW R1200RT riding impression
- 2010 Aprilia SXV 5.5: The hooligan’s choice
- Rossi vs Lorenzo: The rivalry builds…
- 2010 Yamaha R6 riding impression
- 2010 Valentino Rossi unveiled in Sepang, Malaysia
- Lambretta to return to 125cc motorcycle world cham...
- ▼ February (27)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato