Thursday, March 11, 2010
2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade riding impression
When it comes to litre-class superbikes, the BMW S1000RR, Aprilia RSV4 and the Yamaha R1 are just about the hottest machines right now. And, of course, there’s the Ducati 1198R for those who’d rather have an Italian V-twin rather than a four-cylinder engine.
So where does that leave older bikes like the Honda Fireblade? For a long time, the CBR1000RR has been one of the best all-around sportsbikes that work equally well on the track and the street. Honda have made some improvements to the 2010-spec ’Blade to make sure the bike doesn’t fall too far behind its newer, harder-edged competition. Motociclismo recently tested the 2010 CBR1000RR and here are some excerpts from what they have to say about the bike:
The Honda CBR1000RR won the Masterbike in 2008 and last year it got C-ABS, a significant safety feature which has proved really useful on the street. For 2010, Honda have made some improvements to the engine and made the power delivery more progressive and less abrupt.
On our dyno, the 2010 CBR1000RR produced 175 horsepower at 12,000rpm, compared to 168bhp at 12,200rpm for the 2009 model. The suspension works very well and the bike is very stable at high speeds, allowing you to accelerate hard out of fast bends. The HESD steering damper adapts to road / track conditions automatically and works flawlessly in all situations.
The new Fireblade’s gearbox is very precise and the brakes are excellent, even though our test bike was not fitted with the C-ABS system. Build quality is consistently high and vibration is virtually non-existent. The only thing is, the riding position is quite track-oriented and while the Fireblade can still be used and even be enjoyed on the street, it never lets you forget that it has primarily been designed for the racetrack…
For the full story, please visit Motociclismo
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Gabriele Del Torchio: ‘Our mission is to be the le...
- 2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA riding impression
- 2011 Aprilia Tuareg to be unveiled in Milan this y...
- EN-V Concept: General Motors unveils an electric s...
- Scomadi Turismo Leggera 250 runs wild…
- Faster and Faster: Join us on Facebook
- Buell 1125R-based Magpul Ronin looks magnificent!
- Honda motorcycles top reliability study in the UK
- Dougie Lampkin tears up Lord March's estate
- Doug Polen to offer tuition to Ducati buyers in th...
- 2010 Zero S, DS, X and MX announced
- 25th Anniversary Suzuki GSX-R600 unveiled in the U...
- Dustbin fairings and motorcycle racing: Where’s th...
- 2010 Yamaha FZ8, Fazer8: Official pics, specs rele...
- Brand-new Honda NR750, RC30 to go on display at St...
- 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade riding impression
- Van Harten BMW S1000RR Carbon Edition: More power,...
- UK riders could win freebikes, special Yamaha R1
- Voxan concept bikes by Enzyme: What might have bee...
- Motorcycles in Music: The best videos ever
- Eddie Lawson, Ben Spies talk about bikes, technolo...
- Nelis 1000R: Suzuki TL1000R-based Special from the...
- 1997 Suzuki TL1000S streetfighter
- Ducati Multistrada 1200: More pics, details, video...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR trike concept
- Martin Jetpack: Your very own V4-engined personal ...
- Buell 1190RR unveiled
- MotoCzysz launches p-n-p 100bhp electric powertrai...
- Go take a Yike!
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato