Wednesday, March 31, 2010
2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA riding impression
Suzuki have slapped on a fairing to the age old Bandit to create one of the dullest looking bikes on the planet – the GSX1250FA. Yes, sure, with a fuel-injected 1,250cc inline-four that produces 104 horsepower and 108Nm of torque, relaxed ergonomics and full weather protection, the 1250FA may well be a competent sports-tourer (with the emphasis being on ‘tourer’…), but did it have to look so terribly dull? Anyway, Motociclismo recently tested the bike and here are some excerpts from what they have to say about the big GSX...
With the addition of a full fairing, the Bandit has become a ‘modern’ touring bike that seems to offer excellent value for money. Yes, there are bikes that are much faster, better equipped and more sophisticated, but at just 9,999 euros, the GSX1250FA is economical and practical – a machine that’s well suited to the ongoing economic crisis!
The 1250FA’s full fairing has been designed to protect the rider from bad weather and Suzuki also offers an optional taller screen, which should offer even more wind protection at higher speeds. The ergonomics are perfect for touring – soft, comfortable seat, rubber insulated footpegs and wide bars that don’t put a lot of weight on your wrists. Also, the 1,250cc engine feels adequately powerful and offers good fuel economy, using just seven litres of fuel over 100km.
At 257 kilos, the GSX1250FA is clearly not a sportsbike and while the engine feels energetic, the softly suspended bike is slow to respond to rider inputs. It has a high centre of gravity, pitches fore and aft under braking and acceleration and is sometimes reluctant while turning in. Take it a bit easy, however, and the 1250FA feels all right.
To sum up, the Suzuki GSX1250FA is a comfortable, stable long-distance tourer that is blessed with a flexible and powerful engine. And with ABS, it should be quite safe as well.
For the original article, please visit Motociclismo
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Gabriele Del Torchio: ‘Our mission is to be the le...
- 2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA riding impression
- 2011 Aprilia Tuareg to be unveiled in Milan this y...
- EN-V Concept: General Motors unveils an electric s...
- Scomadi Turismo Leggera 250 runs wild…
- Faster and Faster: Join us on Facebook
- Buell 1125R-based Magpul Ronin looks magnificent!
- Honda motorcycles top reliability study in the UK
- Dougie Lampkin tears up Lord March's estate
- Doug Polen to offer tuition to Ducati buyers in th...
- 2010 Zero S, DS, X and MX announced
- 25th Anniversary Suzuki GSX-R600 unveiled in the U...
- Dustbin fairings and motorcycle racing: Where’s th...
- 2010 Yamaha FZ8, Fazer8: Official pics, specs rele...
- Brand-new Honda NR750, RC30 to go on display at St...
- 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade riding impression
- Van Harten BMW S1000RR Carbon Edition: More power,...
- UK riders could win freebikes, special Yamaha R1
- Voxan concept bikes by Enzyme: What might have bee...
- Motorcycles in Music: The best videos ever
- Eddie Lawson, Ben Spies talk about bikes, technolo...
- Nelis 1000R: Suzuki TL1000R-based Special from the...
- 1997 Suzuki TL1000S streetfighter
- Ducati Multistrada 1200: More pics, details, video...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR trike concept
- Martin Jetpack: Your very own V4-engined personal ...
- Buell 1190RR unveiled
- MotoCzysz launches p-n-p 100bhp electric powertrai...
- Go take a Yike!
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato