Wednesday, March 17, 2010
2010 Zero S, DS, X and MX announced
Self-proclaimed leaders in the electric motorcycle industry, Zero Motorcycles have announced their 2010-spec Zero S, DS, X and MX bikes. ‘With added power, increased acceleration, and enhanced power pack technology, Zero Motorcycles is continuing the innovation it's known for and taking electric motorcycle technology to the next level,’ says a press release from the company.
The street-oriented Zero S, the dual-sport Zero DS and the off-road X and MX bikes are all fitted with lithium-ion ‘Z-Force’ battery packs. Zero claim they’ve made the bikes’ electric motors lighter and more compact and improved cooling, which results in more power, improved acceleration and improved durability.
While the four bikes are fitted with different suspensions components, they’re all fitted with the same battery/electric motor, which produces 23 horsepower and 68Nm of torque. Range is about 80km, top speed is 105km/ and the batteries take less than four hours for a full recharge. Prices range between US$7,500 for the Zero X to $9,000 for the Zero S.
Of the four bikes here, we do think the Zero S is vaguely interesting, but when it comes to style, lust-worthiness and the price-vs-performance equation, it does seem electric bikes have a long, long way to go before they catch up with their IC-engined brothers. In any case, for more details on the 2010 Zero range, visit the official website here
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Gabriele Del Torchio: ‘Our mission is to be the le...
- 2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA riding impression
- 2011 Aprilia Tuareg to be unveiled in Milan this y...
- EN-V Concept: General Motors unveils an electric s...
- Scomadi Turismo Leggera 250 runs wild…
- Faster and Faster: Join us on Facebook
- Buell 1125R-based Magpul Ronin looks magnificent!
- Honda motorcycles top reliability study in the UK
- Dougie Lampkin tears up Lord March's estate
- Doug Polen to offer tuition to Ducati buyers in th...
- 2010 Zero S, DS, X and MX announced
- 25th Anniversary Suzuki GSX-R600 unveiled in the U...
- Dustbin fairings and motorcycle racing: Where’s th...
- 2010 Yamaha FZ8, Fazer8: Official pics, specs rele...
- Brand-new Honda NR750, RC30 to go on display at St...
- 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade riding impression
- Van Harten BMW S1000RR Carbon Edition: More power,...
- UK riders could win freebikes, special Yamaha R1
- Voxan concept bikes by Enzyme: What might have bee...
- Motorcycles in Music: The best videos ever
- Eddie Lawson, Ben Spies talk about bikes, technolo...
- Nelis 1000R: Suzuki TL1000R-based Special from the...
- 1997 Suzuki TL1000S streetfighter
- Ducati Multistrada 1200: More pics, details, video...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR trike concept
- Martin Jetpack: Your very own V4-engined personal ...
- Buell 1190RR unveiled
- MotoCzysz launches p-n-p 100bhp electric powertrai...
- Go take a Yike!
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato