Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Gabriele Del Torchio: ‘Our mission is to be the leader in the sport premium segment!’
At the recent Ducati North America's 2010 dealer meeting, Dealernews.com had the opportunity to speak to Gabriele Del Torchio, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding SpA, who said that the current difficult economic environment is no reason to not go ahead with new products. ‘Bringing new bikes to market is exactly what Ducati needs to do. Over the past three years, the company has invested $150 million in new product development and has not cut back on the creation of new sale programs,’ said Del Torchio.
Here are some excerpts from what Gabriele Del Torchio had to say to Dealernews…
On whether he believes the new Multistrada 1200 will do well in the US
‘I personally believe it will fit quite well for various reasons. There is the fact that Baby Boomers are becoming older and the fact that superbike owners are interested in having quite more comfortable bikes. I believe that there was a need in North America for a bike like the Multistrada, that is a touring bike, a superbike and an urban bike.’
On what other bikes are important for the US market
‘The superbike, including the new 1198S Corse, is a very important product for us. Also, the renewed Hypermotard line.’
On whether Ducati will aim to have mass market appeal
‘I don't aim to the mass market. My objective is to stay true to our mission, and our mission is to be the leader in the sport premium segment. We stay consistent to that. Ducati is not a mass bike. It is a bike for a very special customer.’
On Ducati’s quality control
‘Ducati quality is comparable to the best European brands. Are we satisfied? Not yet. We have to improve. We have to reach the quality of the Japanese, but keep what makes Ducati different, our style, the uniqueness of our bikes.’
See the full interview on Dealernews.com
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Gabriele Del Torchio: ‘Our mission is to be the le...
- 2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA riding impression
- 2011 Aprilia Tuareg to be unveiled in Milan this y...
- EN-V Concept: General Motors unveils an electric s...
- Scomadi Turismo Leggera 250 runs wild…
- Faster and Faster: Join us on Facebook
- Buell 1125R-based Magpul Ronin looks magnificent!
- Honda motorcycles top reliability study in the UK
- Dougie Lampkin tears up Lord March's estate
- Doug Polen to offer tuition to Ducati buyers in th...
- 2010 Zero S, DS, X and MX announced
- 25th Anniversary Suzuki GSX-R600 unveiled in the U...
- Dustbin fairings and motorcycle racing: Where’s th...
- 2010 Yamaha FZ8, Fazer8: Official pics, specs rele...
- Brand-new Honda NR750, RC30 to go on display at St...
- 2010 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade riding impression
- Van Harten BMW S1000RR Carbon Edition: More power,...
- UK riders could win freebikes, special Yamaha R1
- Voxan concept bikes by Enzyme: What might have bee...
- Motorcycles in Music: The best videos ever
- Eddie Lawson, Ben Spies talk about bikes, technolo...
- Nelis 1000R: Suzuki TL1000R-based Special from the...
- 1997 Suzuki TL1000S streetfighter
- Ducati Multistrada 1200: More pics, details, video...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR trike concept
- Martin Jetpack: Your very own V4-engined personal ...
- Buell 1190RR unveiled
- MotoCzysz launches p-n-p 100bhp electric powertrai...
- Go take a Yike!
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato