Thursday, April 01, 2010
K-Way Motus tilting trike aims for the Progressive Automotive X Prize
The K-Way Motus, built as a contender for the Progressive Automotive X Prize, is a three-wheeled vehicle that can seat two people and with its hybrid powertrain, deliver up to 44km/l of fuel efficiency. The fully enclosed trike can also function in electric-only mode for a distance of up to 25km, as a zero-emissions vehicle. The Motus’ front wheels are driven by electric motors, while the rear wheel is powered by an 850cc parallel-twin.
The K-Way Motus project was initiated back in 2006, by the Mechatronics Lab of the Politecnico di Torino, in Italy. Its development was later taken up by Actua S.r.l. and TTW S.r.l., spin-off companies of the Turin-based University. The project has been completed with investments from Turin-based entrepreneur, Marco Boglione.
The K-Way Motus has been designed by Fabrizio Giugiaro, of Giugiaro Design and features bodywork made of cloth, with an underlying carbonfibre structure. Like various other such efforts in the recent past, the K-Way Motus is a tilting trike and leans into corners like a motorcycle. It can safely lean at an angle of up to 45 degrees, claim its creators, and the Motus’ top speed is an electronically limited 150km/h.
For more details, visit the official K-Way Motus website here
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Izh-1: Igor Chack's hybrid motorcycle concept
- Gianmarco Magnani's motorcycle art is rocking!
- Ducati Multistrada: The sound of music
- Over the Top: Norton Nemesis
- 2011 Ducati Monster 796 announced
- Roaring Toyz Kawasaki Z1000
- Suzuki GSX1250FA takes on Yamaha FZ1 Fazer, Honda ...
- BMW motorcycles: The carbonfibre yarn
- Jeremy Burgess: ‘Mick Doohan crushed his oppositio...
- AC Schnitzer S1000RR: Avoid Silence!
- Markus Hofmann: BMW S1000RR and the art of high fa...
- Andy Ibbot’s Performance Riding Techniques tells i...
- Leslie Porterfield on life @ 374km/h
- Adrenalin Moto: Harley-Davidson XR1200 Café Racer
- Suzuki GSX-R: Encounter in the City
- ABS reduces the incidence of motorcycle crashes, r...
- K-Way Motus tilting trike aims for the Progressive...
- 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200 vs BMW R1200GS
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato