Wednesday, October 06, 2010
2011 Ducati 1198 SP, 848 Evo: Official pics, specs, video
Ducati are ready with their range of new bikes for the INTERMOT Show at Cologne, in Germany. Most of these ‘new’ bikes are old bikes with a fresh coat of paint and minor tweaks, but they still look good anyway. ‘Our presence at the show is proof of our commitment to customers in Germany and northern Europe, and underlines our aim to expand in Germany, which is the second most important market in Europe for Ducati. For this reason we decided to preview here some of the new products scheduled for 2011, such as the new additions to the Superbike family with the 848EVO and 1198 SP, and new liveries for the Monster and Streetfighter models,’ says Gabriele Del Torchio, President - Ducati Motor Holding.
‘Despite a shrinking global motorcycle market, we have used Ducati’s product policy and the quality of its distribution network to improve both our market share, now at 8.5%, and also to increase our sales by 5% compared to this period 2009,’ added Torchio.
Additions to the Ducati Superbike family are on show in a preview of the 2011 range, including the new 848 Evo, which packs 140bhp and is equipped with Brembo Monobloc callipers and steering damper. This ‘performance-enhanced’ model is being shown at the INTERMOT show in its new ‘arctic white’ livery and red wheels and frame.
For 2011, the standard 1198 gets Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Ducati Data Analyser (DDA) and the all-new Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) fitted as standard equipment on all versions. The standard 1198 is joined by the new 1198SP, which gets DTC, DQS, DDA, Ohlins TTX rear suspension, slipper clutch and aluminium fuel tank, in addition to the earlier S version’s Ohlins front suspension, forged Marchesini wheels and lightweight carbonfibre components. The 1198SP is priced at €22,690.
Other bikes in the Ducati lineup, including the Streetfighter and 696 Monster, also get new paintjobs and other minor cosmetic tweaks.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Benelli to celebrate 100th Anniversary at the 2010...
- 2011 Honda CBR250R: First official pics, specs
- Rage Designs: Casey Stoner replica Ducati Desmosed...
- Ducati 9½: A tribute to Ducati’s racing singles
- Wunderlich F800GS Light, optimised for off-road us...
- Rochelle Gilmore: Lotto Honda rider wins gold meda...
- 2011 Ducati Diavel: First official photograph
- 2010 INTERMOT photo gallery
- Freddie Spencer: “In no way do I feel I’m not fort...
- AFG Moto Ducati 1198: ‘Carbon Lifeform’
- Wunderlich BMW S1000RR Piranha: It bites!
- 2011 Horex VR6: Germany lets loose with supercharg...
- 2011 KTM 1190 RC8R Track: Ready to Race. For real
- 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC Special Edition: Bi...
- 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX: Performance, practicality
- 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R: 207bhp with ram-air!
- 2011 Suzuki GSR750, GSX-R750, GSX-R600: First offi...
- 2011 Ducati 1198 SP, 848 Evo: Official pics, specs...
- 2011 BMW K1600GT, GTL: First official pics, specs,...
- 2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, VFR1200F, CBR600RR...
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato