Wednesday, October 27, 2010
2011 Honda CBR250R: First official pics, specs
Honda have released the first official pics and specs for the 2011 CBR250R, an all-new contender in a segment that’s been rather sparsely populated for the last many years. With the demise of two-strokes and the disappearance of great little machines like the Aprilia RS250, Suzuki RGV250, Yamaha TZR250, Kawasaki KR-1 and Honda NSR250, the 250cc class was more or less finished. Only Kawasaki and Hyosung soldiered on, with the Ninja 250R and GTR250 respectively. But now, with the 2011 CBR250R, Honda look all set to bring some new vim and vigour to the 250cc sportsbike segment.
In terms of styling, the new CBR250R is a mini-VFR1200F and works surprisingly well. It’s compact, thoroughly modern, neat and unfussy – we think it’s not bad at all. The engine is a fuel-injected, liquid-cooled, 249cc single-cylinder unit with a four-valve DOHC cylinder head. It produces 26 horsepower and 23Nm of torque, which is not too bad at all. Claimed fuel economy is 27km per litre.
The new Honda comes with a six-speed gearbox and a twin-spar steel chassis with 37mm telescopic forks and Honda’s ‘Pro-Link’ monoshock rear suspension. Honda’s C-ABS anti-lock braking system is optional on the CBR250R, which is definitely a good thing, and the bike’s 166-kilo kerb weight should keep things manageable for those who are new to motorcycles and motorcycling.
The Honda CBR250R rides on 17-inch wheels wearing 110/70 (front) and 140/70 (rear) rubber. There’s a single 296mm brake disc up front, with dual-piston calliper, and 220mm rear disc with single-piston calliper. With the optional Combined-ABS, this should offer safe, effective braking in conditions.
Overall, we quite like the new CBR250R. We don’t suppose we’ll ever love it the way we loved the late, great Aprilia RS250 or the Suzuki RGV250, but as a thoroughly modern, contemporary take on the 250cc commuter-sportsbike, the 2011 CBR isn’t all that bad.
Details on pricing and availability coming soon.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Benelli to celebrate 100th Anniversary at the 2010...
- 2011 Honda CBR250R: First official pics, specs
- Rage Designs: Casey Stoner replica Ducati Desmosed...
- Ducati 9½: A tribute to Ducati’s racing singles
- Wunderlich F800GS Light, optimised for off-road us...
- Rochelle Gilmore: Lotto Honda rider wins gold meda...
- 2011 Ducati Diavel: First official photograph
- 2010 INTERMOT photo gallery
- Freddie Spencer: “In no way do I feel I’m not fort...
- AFG Moto Ducati 1198: ‘Carbon Lifeform’
- Wunderlich BMW S1000RR Piranha: It bites!
- 2011 Horex VR6: Germany lets loose with supercharg...
- 2011 KTM 1190 RC8R Track: Ready to Race. For real
- 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC Special Edition: Bi...
- 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX: Performance, practicality
- 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R: 207bhp with ram-air!
- 2011 Suzuki GSR750, GSX-R750, GSX-R600: First offi...
- 2011 Ducati 1198 SP, 848 Evo: Official pics, specs...
- 2011 BMW K1600GT, GTL: First official pics, specs,...
- 2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, VFR1200F, CBR600RR...
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato