Saturday, November 06, 2010
2011 Triumph Speed Triple: Still brawling
The best loved British streetfighter, the Triumph Speed Triple has been tweaked and improved for 2011. It’s lost some weight (3 kilos), got a new set of headlamps and is now available with ABS. With more than 65,000 units of this machine sold worldwide since its introduction in 1994, the Speed Triple is still going strong and Triumph are trying hard to make sure the Triple stays in the game for a few more years.
For 2011, Triumph have tweaked the Speed Triple’s 1,050cc three-cylinder engine for a bit more power – 133bhp and 111Nm of torque – which is just as well because the Triple weighs 214kg fully fuelled. And with the new ECU and revised exhaust system, power delivery is said to be more refined than before. The chassis has also been modified and is now narrower than before, and the engine has been moved forward in the frame for optimised weight distribution. That, along with the revised steering geometry, is supposed to improve the Speed Triple’s stability as well as steering response.
Other bits on the 2011 Speed Triple include 43mm USD forks, Brembo brakes with radial-mount callipers at the front (ABS is optional), all-new bodywork and headlamps, new colours, revised ergonomics that include a lower seat, alloy handlebars, coded-key immobiliser, improved instrumentation and a full range of optional accessories. The bike will be available in Triumph showrooms from December this year.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Ducati 1198S vs Ferrari 458 Italia. Again!
- 2011 Confederate C3 X132 Hellcat: Orders now being...
- Kevin Carmichael: “The 2011 Triumph Speed Triple i...
- Gisele Bündchen goes Max Max for DT
- Motorcycle Photography: What it takes
- Boots Langley: Building Kawasaki Triples for the 2...
- Top Gear Live chooses Suzuki GSX-R600 for its 2010...
- Ducati, AMG to work together, we look forward to t...
- 2011 Ducati 848 Evo: Better than the 1198, for the...
- 2011 Travertson V-Rex 2 announced
- Pit Bull/KWS Motorsports BMW S1000RR hits 328km/h!...
- Jawa 350 Ruta 40: Dual-purpose, the Czech-Argentin...
- Harley-Davidson 883 XWL Warboy: 1940s Army-chic re...
- Wunderlich S1000RR Curare: Poison Arrow
- Wayne Gardner: ‘Expect a V4 Fireblade very soon!’
- Ducati 1198 vs Ferrari 458
- MV Agusta F3 voted ‘best bike’ at the 2010 EICMA
- Moto3: 250s are back in 2012!
- Vespa in the Movies: The exhibition opens
- Valentino Rossi to his Yamaha YZR-M1: “Bye Bye Bab...
- Ron Haslam on the Honda VFR1200F: “I’m so impresse...
- 2011 Triumph Tiger 800, 800XC: The adventure conti...
- 2011 Triumph Speed Triple: Still brawling
- 2011 Ducati Diavel: Monster on steroids
- MotoFashion: 2011 KTM PowerWear
- 2011 KTM Supermoto 990 SMT gets ABS
- 2011 KTM RC8R unveiled
- Honda V4 Crosstourer Concept shown at the 2010 EIC...
- 2011 Morgan Threewheeler announced
- 2011 Piaggio MP3 Yourban: The original tilting tri...
- 2011 Gilera Fuoco 500ie: The hottest, maddest scoo...
- 2011 Vespa PX: Three decades and counting
- 2011 Moto Guzzi Stelvio: Official pics, specs
- 2011 Aprilia Tuono V4R: Naked and ready to play ha...
- Husqvarna Mille3 concept shown at the 2010 EICMA
- 2011 Honda CB1000R unveiled
- BMW Concept C: The future of scootering, the Germa...
- 2011 Honda CB600F unveiled
- 2011 MV Agusta F3: First official pics, specs
- 2011 Honda CBR600F: First official pics, specs
- 2011 Honda Crossrunner: First official pics, specs...
- Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE riding impression
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato