Friday, November 19, 2010
Boots Langley: Building Kawasaki Triples for the 21st Century
Boots Langley has been a fan of Kawasaki’s two-stroke, three-cylinder bikes since 1973, when he first bought a brand-new H1D 500. ‘Today, I can build you a 2010 Kawasaki H1 or H2. What I mean by that is, I build not only a freshly restored bike or engine, but it's now designed to run on today's 91 Unleaded fuel,’ says Langley on his website.
The bike you see here is Langley’s Ultimate Cafe Racer (UCR), which he says he is the best triple he’s ever built. ‘It is the culmination of over 16 years of building and rebuilding my 1973 H2 750. You see it in its 4th reincarnation,’ he says. The spec is pretty impressive – the two-stroke three-cylinder 750cc Kawasaki engine produces 90 horsepower, the bike rides on 18-inch magnesium wheels from a TZ750, brake discs and callipers are from a TZ250 and GPZ550, the 43mm adjustable front fork is off an FJ1200, the aluminium swingarm is from a GPZ750 Turbo and the fuel tank is from a KR750.
If the medley of parts from half a dozen bikes don’t get your attention, the paintjob definitely will – Langley has had the bike painted in DuPont’s ‘Hot Hues’ Urethane paint with custom graphics. We can only try and imagine what this thing sounds like when it’s fired up. Should be freaking awesome! :-D
For more details, visit Boots Langley’s website here
Via 2 Stroke Biker
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Ducati 1198S vs Ferrari 458 Italia. Again!
- 2011 Confederate C3 X132 Hellcat: Orders now being...
- Kevin Carmichael: “The 2011 Triumph Speed Triple i...
- Gisele Bündchen goes Max Max for DT
- Motorcycle Photography: What it takes
- Boots Langley: Building Kawasaki Triples for the 2...
- Top Gear Live chooses Suzuki GSX-R600 for its 2010...
- Ducati, AMG to work together, we look forward to t...
- 2011 Ducati 848 Evo: Better than the 1198, for the...
- 2011 Travertson V-Rex 2 announced
- Pit Bull/KWS Motorsports BMW S1000RR hits 328km/h!...
- Jawa 350 Ruta 40: Dual-purpose, the Czech-Argentin...
- Harley-Davidson 883 XWL Warboy: 1940s Army-chic re...
- Wunderlich S1000RR Curare: Poison Arrow
- Wayne Gardner: ‘Expect a V4 Fireblade very soon!’
- Ducati 1198 vs Ferrari 458
- MV Agusta F3 voted ‘best bike’ at the 2010 EICMA
- Moto3: 250s are back in 2012!
- Vespa in the Movies: The exhibition opens
- Valentino Rossi to his Yamaha YZR-M1: “Bye Bye Bab...
- Ron Haslam on the Honda VFR1200F: “I’m so impresse...
- 2011 Triumph Tiger 800, 800XC: The adventure conti...
- 2011 Triumph Speed Triple: Still brawling
- 2011 Ducati Diavel: Monster on steroids
- MotoFashion: 2011 KTM PowerWear
- 2011 KTM Supermoto 990 SMT gets ABS
- 2011 KTM RC8R unveiled
- Honda V4 Crosstourer Concept shown at the 2010 EIC...
- 2011 Morgan Threewheeler announced
- 2011 Piaggio MP3 Yourban: The original tilting tri...
- 2011 Gilera Fuoco 500ie: The hottest, maddest scoo...
- 2011 Vespa PX: Three decades and counting
- 2011 Moto Guzzi Stelvio: Official pics, specs
- 2011 Aprilia Tuono V4R: Naked and ready to play ha...
- Husqvarna Mille3 concept shown at the 2010 EICMA
- 2011 Honda CB1000R unveiled
- BMW Concept C: The future of scootering, the Germa...
- 2011 Honda CB600F unveiled
- 2011 MV Agusta F3: First official pics, specs
- 2011 Honda CBR600F: First official pics, specs
- 2011 Honda Crossrunner: First official pics, specs...
- Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC SE riding impression
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato