Thursday, January 27, 2011
Valentino Rossi: ‘The Ducati 1198 is beautiful and fast, I like it!’
Valentino Rossi riding a Ducati 1198 at the Misano circuit is just about as Italian as it gets – bust out the green, white and red colours already. Yesterday, with only a few days to go before he tests the Ducati Desmosedici GP11 in Malaysia, The Doctor put in two dozen laps around the Misano circuit, aboard a 1198. This was to check if he injured shoulder would be up to the task of handling Ducati’s MotoGP machine in a few days from now.
‘The shoulder is painful, especially under braking, when the front area hurts. Movement is stable enough and we’re also doing not so bad with endurance, but apart from that, it hurts a lot and isn’t very strong. Let’s hope it gets a little better in these next few days before the test in Malaysia. Once we’re there, we’ll work with the riding position in an effort to make the most of the situation and collect important information with the Desmosedici, even though I’m not in top form,’ said Rossi. ‘Today I did a total of 25 laps on the 1198 superbike, which is sort of a historic motorcycle for Ducati. It’s beautiful and fast. I liked it!’ he added.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Folgore Bianca: An even more exotic Bimota Tesi 1D...
- Valentino Rossi: ‘The Ducati 1198 is beautiful and...
- Kawasaki Z1000 EST. 1977: Tribute to the 1970s
- Mission 200: Roland Sands’ 200bhp, 200mph motorcyc...
- KTM Super Duke 1200, Adventure 700 coming in 2012
- Rotary Replica: Tony Haywood’s Norton NRS588
- FGR Midalu 2500 V6: The Czechs bust out with a 240...
- 15 essential go-faster tips from the Kevin Schwant...
- Ducati’s next-generation superbike to benefit from...
- BMW S1000RR Turbo: The Wrath of Jack
- Francesca Miles: Model, musician and motorcycle st...
- In conversation with MotoGP lensman, Martin Heath
- Keith Code: The evolution of the art of cornering
- MotoMorphic JaFM: It’s about ‘standout,’ not ‘spee...
- Münch TTE-1.2: Son of the Mammut
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato