Monday, March 07, 2011
Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: The Wild One
With its 1.2-litre 90-degree liquid-cooled DOHC 8-valve V-twin, which pumps out 130 horsepower and 115Nm of torque, the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 is a wild Bronco, bucking and weaving and sliding with every twist of its throttle. The RSV4 Factory APRC SE is our no.1 favourite Aprilia, but the Dorsoduro 1200 definitely sits at no.2 – going by the video above, the bike certainly looks like it’s HUGE amounts of fun to ride… :-D
Apart from being a blast to ride, the Dorsoduro 1200 is also properly high-tech. It’s fitted with an integrated engine management system that includes ride-by-wire throttle management and three-mode (Sport, Touring and Rain) fuel-injection mapping. The 43mm Sachs USD fork at the front and hydraulic monoshock at the rear are fully adjustable, brakes are from Brembo and feature four-piston radial-mount callipers at the front, and there’s ABS and even traction control to make sure everything’s kept under control.
We’ve often said we don’t really ‘get’ supermotos, but the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 looks simply fabulous. The bike is expected to cost about US$12,000 ($2,000 more than the 750 version) when it goes on sale in the next 3 - 4 months, and we think it's well worth the money. In fact, we’d love to have one of these in our garage…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Europe goes to war: BMW S1000RR vs Ducati 1198SP v...
- New and improved: 2011 Aprilia RSV4R APRC
- Moto Guzzi’s 90th Anniversary GMG announced
- Aprilia RSV4 Factory: John Player Special Edition ...
- Suzuki GSR750 stunt riding video puts a smile on o...
- Ducati 848 Evo vs Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe
- Bridgestone extends MotoGP deal by three years, ro...
- MotoGP: Hi-res pics from Qatar
- Charlie Webster learns to ride a speedway bike
- Shootout: Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 vs Ducati Hypermo...
- MotoGP: 2011 Rizla Suzuki GSV-R unveiled
- Motus MST unveiled, specs, high-res pics, video re...
- 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Pikes Peak Special E...
- Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: The Wild One
- Renard GT: Estonian motorcycle brand rides again!
- Royal Enfield: Handcrafted in Chennai
- Ducati announce Rossi, Hayden replica Monsters
- Kelly Brook gets on a bike for FHM
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato