Sunday, April 10, 2011
TW Steel: The time of Mick Doohan
The Netherlands based TW Steel, a watch manufacturing company that specializes in ‘oversized watches,’ recently launched the TW Steel Mick Doohan Special Edition timepiece. The watch has been built to honour Mick’s five consecutive world championships (from 1994-1998) in the 500cc class in motorcycle grand prix racing.
The TW Steel Mick Doohan Special Edition watch was launched at an exclusive event in Melbourne, where guests included TW Steel ambassadors David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan. The watch is available in 45mm and 48mm sizes and, according to TW Steel, features design inputs from Mick Doohan himself.
‘This is a great project for me to be involved in and a great brand to represent. I've followed TW Steel with interest due to their involvement in motorsport and I obviously jumped at the chance to work with them on a Special Edition when the opportunity presented itself. I loved the fact they were responsive to my comments on the design and I'm proud to put my name on a watch that is visually strong, well built and ultimately affordable,’ says Doohan.
According to unconfirmed rumours, strapping on one of these watches will allow you to corner harder, and will even let you rear-wheel-steer your Honda Fireblade out of very fast bends. For more details, visit the TW Steel website here
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- 2011 Portuguese MotoGP: Pics from Estoril
- 2011 Honda CBR600F riding impression
- Jeremy Burgess: ‘Winning a MotoGP world championsh...
- BMW to have ABS as standard equipment on all their...
- Kevin Schwantz: "The good guys are still winning.....
- Miami Vice: Scorpion P6 Turbo
- 2012 Moto Guzzi Norge GT 8V: Tour hard
- 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 8V, NTX: No Limits
- EBR 1190RS: Stick it to ’em, Erik
- Motocross vs Roadracing: The stars speak out
- Rok Bagoroš, KTM 125 Duke team up
- Derbi GPR50: The best of what’s left
- Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC: One badass streetfighter
- Roman Parade marks Vespa’s 65th Anniversary
- TW Steel: The time of Mick Doohan
- MotoGP riders get Poker-faced in Jerez
- Valentino Rossi tests the Ducati Desmosedici GP12 ...
- 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo launched
- 2011 Spanish MotoGP: High-res pics from Jerez
- MV Agusta F4 RR: 200bhp, 320kph Italian missile co...
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato