Friday, June 17, 2011
2012 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS: High-res pics, specs released
Erik Buell Racing have released some high-res pics and a full list of specs for their 2012 EBR 1190RS superbike. It’s a great looking machine – lean and sharp, and bristling with genuine innovation. The EBR 1190RS doesn’t seem to be as high-tech as, say, the Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC, BMW S100RR or Kawasaki ZX-10R, but despite the lack of bits like ABS and multi-stage traction control etc., the EBR just looks so right.
The EBR 1190RS’ spec-sheet is at least as impressive as the bike’s styling. The engine is a liquid-cooled 1190cc V-twin (with a fuel-injection system that uses 61mm throttle bodies) that produces 175 horsepower at 9,750rpm and 132Nm of torque at 9,400rpm. Chain final drive, six-speed gearbox, slipper clutch, aluminium beam frame (with integral fuel reservoir) and swingarm, fully adjustable 43mm Öhlins USD fork and Öhlins TTX monoshock and 17-inch magnesium alloy wheels, shod with 120/70 (front) and 190/55 (rear) rubber complete the package. Braking duties are handled by a single ISO finned rotor at the front, with an eight-piston calliper.
With its wet weight of 176 kilos, the EBR 1190RS has a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio and while EBR haven’t released any performance figures yet, we do suppose the bike’s performance – in terms of acceleration and top speed – will be suitably impressive. The bike is priced at US$39,999 and the optional carbon package is another US$4,000. Yes, Erik Buell is back with a bang and yes, the EBR 1190RS rocks our world.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Icon Sheene to make an appearance at the 2011 Chol...
- Yamaha 50th Anniversary celebrations to continue a...
- Memorable: 1992 Honda CBR900RR FireBlade
- Valentino Rossi to ride the Ducati GP11.1 at Assen...
- Aprilia lets loose with SR Max hotness
- Yamaha’s 50th Anniversary special edition YZR-M1: ...
- 2012 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS: High-res pics, spec...
- British Exotica: 1939 supercharged AJS 500 V4
- 2011 Benelli TNT R160 now available
- 2011 British MotoGP: High-res pics from Silverston...
- Benelli TNT 899 and TNT 1130 Century Racers launch...
- Nicky Hayden ‘experiences’ the Isle of Man
- John McGuinness secures 16th IoM TT victory
- 2012 Honda NSF250R vs 1992 Honda NSR250R
- 2011 Catalan MotoGP: High-res pics from Catalunya
- KTM, Kalex to enter Moto3 in 2012
- Ducati 1198 ridden and signed by Valentino Rossi t...
- 2011 Aprilia RS4 125, RS4 50 announced
- Yamaha YZR-M1 roams the streets of Barcelona
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato