Friday, June 10, 2011
Benelli TNT 899 and TNT 1130 Century Racers launched
Legendary Italian motorcycle manufacturer, Benelli (now owned by the China-based Qianjiang Group) are celebrating their 100th Anniversary this year. Established in 1911 in Pesaro, Italy, Benelli is one of the oldest European motorcycle brands in existence today.
To celebrate their 100th year, Benelli have launched two special edition machines – the TNT 899 Century Racer and TNT 1130 Century Racer. Both are fitted with Benelli’s three-cylinder engines, producing 120 horsepower at 9,500rpm in the case of the TNT 899 and 129 horsepower at 8,500rpm for the TNT 1130. Both bikes are fitted with a six-speed gearbox, high-spec suspension components from Marzocchi and Sachs, Brembo brakes with radial-mount callipers and special touches like Alcantara seats and a special paint job inspired by Renzo Pasolini’s Benelli racebikes of the 1960s.
The TNT Century Racers look pretty good to us, even though we suppose these bikes are nowhere near as high-tech or hard-edged performance-oriented as, say, newer machines like the Aprilia Tuono V4R or Ducati Streetfighter. Still, we’re happy the Qianjiang Group is at least keeping the Benelli name alive.
For those who may be interested in older Benelli racebikes, here’s a very interesting article on the company’s iconic 250cc and 350cc machines of the 1960s
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Icon Sheene to make an appearance at the 2011 Chol...
- Yamaha 50th Anniversary celebrations to continue a...
- Memorable: 1992 Honda CBR900RR FireBlade
- Valentino Rossi to ride the Ducati GP11.1 at Assen...
- Aprilia lets loose with SR Max hotness
- Yamaha’s 50th Anniversary special edition YZR-M1: ...
- 2012 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS: High-res pics, spec...
- British Exotica: 1939 supercharged AJS 500 V4
- 2011 Benelli TNT R160 now available
- 2011 British MotoGP: High-res pics from Silverston...
- Benelli TNT 899 and TNT 1130 Century Racers launch...
- Nicky Hayden ‘experiences’ the Isle of Man
- John McGuinness secures 16th IoM TT victory
- 2012 Honda NSF250R vs 1992 Honda NSR250R
- 2011 Catalan MotoGP: High-res pics from Catalunya
- KTM, Kalex to enter Moto3 in 2012
- Ducati 1198 ridden and signed by Valentino Rossi t...
- 2011 Aprilia RS4 125, RS4 50 announced
- Yamaha YZR-M1 roams the streets of Barcelona
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato