Tuesday, September 13, 2011
BMW Concept e unveiled, provides a glimpse of our battery-powered future
BMW have released official pics and some details of the Concept e, an electric scooter which is their vision for ‘urban mobility’ in the future. ‘Individual mobility is increasingly defined in terms of sustainability. The BMW Group has taken on the challenges of a rapidly changing world and is now developing serial production solutions to meet the mobility needs of the future,’ says a press release from the company.
With a lithium-ion battery pack and a powerful electric motor, the Concept e can, according to BMW, accelerate as hard as a ‘maxi scooter’ fitted with a conventional internal combustion engine. ‘The generous storage capacity of the battery, an intelligent battery management system and efficient brake energy recuperation ensure a realistic range of 100 kilometres for everyday use,’ claim BMW. ‘What is more, BMW Motorrad developers are aiming to achieve a continuous output and maximum speed which will enable safe overtaking on urban motorways when carrying a passenger,’ adds a press release from the company.
Safe overtaking on urban motorways when carrying a passenger, eh? We'd just take an S1000RR, thanks very much BMW...
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Honda facility at Twin Ring Motegi has Yamahas on ...
- Honda develops new 670cc engine, next-gen DCT for ...
- Here's your chance to win a Tron LightCycle!
- 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade: Official pics, spe...
- 2012 Honda CBR600RR announced
- 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale announced
- Ford unveils E-Bike Concept
- Lit Motors C1: The uncrashable scooter
- 20,000 Moto Guzzi fans celebrate the company’s 90t...
- 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to get fly-by-wire ...
- ‘King’ Kenny Roberts takes us back to 1980
- 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 announced
- Husqvarna Concept E-go revealed
- BMW Concept e unveiled, provides a glimpse of our ...
- 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 announced
- Alan Cathcart tests the CR&S Duu
- Shootout: MV Agusta F4 RR vs BMW S1000RR vs Kawasa...
- Yamaha Racing show they haven’t forgotten Wayne Ra...
- Ducati to unveil Diavel AMG Special Edition
- Husqvarna release more details, pics of Nuda 900, ...
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato