Thursday, September 08, 2011
Yamaha Racing show they haven’t forgotten Wayne Rainey
Yamaha Motor Racing’s base in Italy, in Gerno di Lesmo, near Milan, recently hosted a very special guest – three-time 500cc motorcycle grand prix roadracing world champion, Wayne Rainey. Rainey, who won the 500cc world championship in 1990, 91 and 92 spent a day with teams from Yamaha Motor Racing, Yamaha Motor Italy and Yamaha Motor R&D Europe. The legendary American rider also officially opened the Wayne Rainey Boardroom at the Yamaha facility and toured the entire site.
‘It’s been a great experience spending some time here at the Yamaha headquarters. It’s fascinating to get an insight into what happens away from the track and what it takes to run a successful modern team,’ said Rainey. ‘I’ve been overwhelmed with the positive reception from the all the people here. It was also a wonderful weekend in Misano – Yamaha welcomed me so warmly and it was very special for Shae and I to meet up with so many old friends and familiar faces. I’m honoured to be part of the Yamaha family and will be back again,’ he added.
‘Wayne is not only one of the greatest Grand Prix riders in our racing history, but also one the most respected Yamaha riders. To have him and his wife Shae make the trip to join us in Misano and at Yamaha Motor Racing Headquarters was something we will treasure. It has been a very special moment in our year,’ said Lin Jarvis, MD – Yamaha Motor Racing Srl.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Honda facility at Twin Ring Motegi has Yamahas on ...
- Honda develops new 670cc engine, next-gen DCT for ...
- Here's your chance to win a Tron LightCycle!
- 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade: Official pics, spe...
- 2012 Honda CBR600RR announced
- 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale announced
- Ford unveils E-Bike Concept
- Lit Motors C1: The uncrashable scooter
- 20,000 Moto Guzzi fans celebrate the company’s 90t...
- 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to get fly-by-wire ...
- ‘King’ Kenny Roberts takes us back to 1980
- 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 announced
- Husqvarna Concept E-go revealed
- BMW Concept e unveiled, provides a glimpse of our ...
- 2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 announced
- Alan Cathcart tests the CR&S Duu
- Shootout: MV Agusta F4 RR vs BMW S1000RR vs Kawasa...
- Yamaha Racing show they haven’t forgotten Wayne Ra...
- Ducati to unveil Diavel AMG Special Edition
- Husqvarna release more details, pics of Nuda 900, ...
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato