Tuesday, November 08, 2011
2012 BMW C600 Sport, BMW C650GT: First official pics, specs released
BMW have released the first official pics and details of their new scooters, the C600 Sport and the C650GT, which according to the company are its new-age urban mobility solutions.
‘The differing characteristics of the concepts behind these two maxi scooters appeal to a wide target group: the C600 Sport for riders with sports ambitions and the C650GT for customers attaching greater importance to comfort and touring ability,’ says a press release from BMW.
Both the C600 Sport and C650GT are fitted with the same 647cc parallel-twin that produces 60 horsepower at 7500rpm and 66Nm of torque at 6000 revs. Both BMW scooters also get continuously variable transmission (CVT) as is the norm with almost all scooters these days.
‘One objective in the development of the C600 Sport and C650GT was to combine directional stability at high speeds on the motorway with playful handling in city traffic and clear feedback to the rider – just like a motorcycle,’ claim BMW, and back up that claim with a load of technical mumbo-jumbo that we don’t understand, but we’re prepared to believe the Bavarians and we’re sure the scooters handle damn well. There’s ABS to help keep you out of trouble and the C650GT gets an adjustable windscreen while the C600 Sport gets, well, sportier ergonomics. We think the duo is pretty cool.
Also see the latest in BMW riding gear, here
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Husqvarna Concept Strada shown at 2011 Salon de la...
- Piaggio Museum to showcase Corradino D’Ascanio’s w...
- BMW S1000RR in MotoGP: It’s a long road
- Keanu Reeves: The Diavel’s Advocate
- 2012 Yamaha R1: Finding traction once again
- 2012 KTM 450 Rally: What it takes to do the Dakar
- 2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer is the ultimate fashion a...
- Ryno: On one wheel and a prayer
- Honda VFR1200F gets a mild update for 2012
- 2012 KTM 690 Duke: Official pics, specs, video
- Honda RC-E electric sportsbike concept to be unvei...
- 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer: High-res pics, specs
- 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R: High-res pics, specs
- 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200, Shiver 750 shown at E...
- 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC unveiled at the EIC...
- Piaggio Group at the 2011 EICMA: High-res picture ...
- 2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye, K1300S HP, K1300R reveale...
- BMW F800R updated for 2012
- 2012 BMW C600 Sport, BMW C650GT: First official pi...
- 2012 Honda Crosstourer: First official pics, specs...
- 2012 Honda NC700S, NC700X: Motorcycling dullness r...
- Husqvarna Concept MOAB pays tribute to Steve McQue...
- Ducati 1199 Panigale: First official pics, specs
- Valentino Rossi pays final tribute to Marco Simonc...
- Tanom Invader TC-3: Hayabusa-powered trike is comi...
- It's Better In The Wind
- 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 675 unveiled
- Dainese D-air Street coming in 2012, will watch yo...
- Husqvarna develop off-road ABS tech
- EBR1190RS doesn’t have traction control, doesn’t n...
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato