Tuesday, November 08, 2011
2012 Honda Crosstourer: First official pics, specs
Honda have released the first official pics and details of the production-spec Crosstourer adventure tourer, which is fitted with a 1237cc V4 engine and features high-tech bits like traction control, dual clutch transmission and C-ABS.
The development team, led by Yosuke Hasegawa (Large Project Leader for the Crosstourer), wanted to create a machine that gave the rider a sense of challenge and adventure, a motorcycle that was fit for all purposes, a perfect travel companion. ‘The Crosstourer combines sports touring features, such as the powerful V4 engine (126 horsepower, 126Nm of torque) also found in the Honda VFR1200F, with features found on off-road motorcycles such as long travel suspension and an upright riding position for reassuring handling and grip. This crossover between two biking genres makes the Crosstourer a unique and versatile package,’ says a press note from Honda.
The 2012 Honda Crosstourer isn’t, perhaps, as deathly dull as the new Honda NC700S/X, but isn’t particularly interesting either. With its kerb weight of 275-285 kilos and complex V4 engine, the bike doesn’t seem to make much sense as an off-road machine. And for street use, we’re sure there are many other, much more capable sports tourers around. Nope, Honda simply don’t seem to be getting things right this year.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Husqvarna Concept Strada shown at 2011 Salon de la...
- Piaggio Museum to showcase Corradino D’Ascanio’s w...
- BMW S1000RR in MotoGP: It’s a long road
- Keanu Reeves: The Diavel’s Advocate
- 2012 Yamaha R1: Finding traction once again
- 2012 KTM 450 Rally: What it takes to do the Dakar
- 2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer is the ultimate fashion a...
- Ryno: On one wheel and a prayer
- Honda VFR1200F gets a mild update for 2012
- 2012 KTM 690 Duke: Official pics, specs, video
- Honda RC-E electric sportsbike concept to be unvei...
- 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer: High-res pics, specs
- 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R: High-res pics, specs
- 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200, Shiver 750 shown at E...
- 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC unveiled at the EIC...
- Piaggio Group at the 2011 EICMA: High-res picture ...
- 2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye, K1300S HP, K1300R reveale...
- BMW F800R updated for 2012
- 2012 BMW C600 Sport, BMW C650GT: First official pi...
- 2012 Honda Crosstourer: First official pics, specs...
- 2012 Honda NC700S, NC700X: Motorcycling dullness r...
- Husqvarna Concept MOAB pays tribute to Steve McQue...
- Ducati 1199 Panigale: First official pics, specs
- Valentino Rossi pays final tribute to Marco Simonc...
- Tanom Invader TC-3: Hayabusa-powered trike is comi...
- It's Better In The Wind
- 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 675 unveiled
- Dainese D-air Street coming in 2012, will watch yo...
- Husqvarna develop off-road ABS tech
- EBR1190RS doesn’t have traction control, doesn’t n...
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato