Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Husqvarna Concept Strada shown at 2011 Salon de la Moto
Husqvarna have unveiled the Concept Strada at the currently ongoing Salon de la Moto motorcycle show in Paris. ‘Like the Nuda 900 R [which went on sale earlier this month], the Concept Strada is targeted at youthful on-road motorcyclists who will appreciate its sharp styling, fun handling and great road manners. With a low weight, a punchy 650cc single-cylinder engine and quality components throughout, the Concept Strada is designed to provide a thrilling ride, whatever the distance,’ says a press note from Husqvarna.
The Husqvarna Concept Strada is fitted with BMW’s single-cylinder 650cc engine – the same unit that’s fitted to the BMW G650GS. However, it’s been tuned for improved power delivery and, accordingly to Husqvarna, the upgrade has resulted in an ‘extremely lively machine which, at less than 170kg dry, will put a smile back on the face of even the weariest commuter.’
The Husqvarna Strada will be launched in 2012 and, according to the company, it is further evidence of their commitment to expanding their model portfolio and providing fans of the legendary brand with a new series of streetbikes.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- ► 2012 (284)
- Husqvarna Concept Strada shown at 2011 Salon de la...
- Piaggio Museum to showcase Corradino D’Ascanio’s w...
- BMW S1000RR in MotoGP: It’s a long road
- Keanu Reeves: The Diavel’s Advocate
- 2012 Yamaha R1: Finding traction once again
- 2012 KTM 450 Rally: What it takes to do the Dakar
- 2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer is the ultimate fashion a...
- Ryno: On one wheel and a prayer
- Honda VFR1200F gets a mild update for 2012
- 2012 KTM 690 Duke: Official pics, specs, video
- Honda RC-E electric sportsbike concept to be unvei...
- 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer: High-res pics, specs
- 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R: High-res pics, specs
- 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200, Shiver 750 shown at E...
- 2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC unveiled at the EIC...
- Piaggio Group at the 2011 EICMA: High-res picture ...
- 2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye, K1300S HP, K1300R reveale...
- BMW F800R updated for 2012
- 2012 BMW C600 Sport, BMW C650GT: First official pi...
- 2012 Honda Crosstourer: First official pics, specs...
- 2012 Honda NC700S, NC700X: Motorcycling dullness r...
- Husqvarna Concept MOAB pays tribute to Steve McQue...
- Ducati 1199 Panigale: First official pics, specs
- Valentino Rossi pays final tribute to Marco Simonc...
- Tanom Invader TC-3: Hayabusa-powered trike is comi...
- It's Better In The Wind
- 2012 MV Agusta Brutale 675 unveiled
- Dainese D-air Street coming in 2012, will watch yo...
- Husqvarna develop off-road ABS tech
- EBR1190RS doesn’t have traction control, doesn’t n...
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato