Thursday, February 09, 2012
2012 World Superbikes: Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1000 unveiled
Crescent Fixi recently unveiled their 2012 World Superbikes Suzuki GSX-R1000 and we quite like the way it looks. John Hopkins and Leon Camier will be riding the GSX-Rs this year and according to Team Principal Paul Denning, the 2012 GSX-R1000 has been updated comprehensively. ‘Yoshimura is working very hard on the motor and we are sharing a lot of development ideas together. The suspension and brakes are all new, the Motec electronics package is updated and every single detail on the GSX-R is being carefully considered. The Suzuki is a great all-round package,’ says Denning.
The Crescent Fixi team is using Yoshimura-developed engines and prototype R-11 exhaust systems, and these have already arrived from Japan. ‘The boys were really excited when the Yoshimura stuff arrived and since then they've been busy completing the GSX-Rs. The new exhausts look very trick and I think we're well advanced in getting the bikes built and ready. It's early days but we are very happy with the ‘Powered by Yoshimura’ partnership – the guys out there are making a great effort,’ says Team Manager Jack Valentine.
‘The team has done a stunning job to prepare the new GSX-Rs for this level of competition – the attention to detail is faultless and I think that this will be the most-advanced GSX-R ever to grace a racetrack! Yoshimura's hard work and proactive attitude to engine development has also enabled us to be as well prepared for Phillip Island as we can be,’ concludes Denning.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- Honda CRF250L to go on sale in Europe this year
- 2012 Triumph Explorer 1200 riding impression
- Learn to be a better Dirt Rider
- Bill Dixon drifts Graves Motorsports 2012 Yamaha R...
- BMW S1000RR vs BMW M5
- Rossy vs Rossi: It's The Jetman against The Doctor...
- In conversation with Hans-Georg Kasten, creator of...
- 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade riding impression
- 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 vs Suzuki Hayabusa
- KTM 690 Duke EJC bike looks interesting for the st...
- EBR ties up with Hero Motocorp, gets a toehold in ...
- Ducati Panigale riding impression
- Matt Wadsworth: Leap of Faith
- 2012 MV Agusta F3 riding impression
- Ducati may be up for sale for US$1.32 Billion
- Ducati 1199 Panigale launched at the Yas Marina Ci...
- 2012 World Superbikes: Crescent Fixi Suzuki GSX-R1...
- 2012 Aprilia RSV4 WSBK racebike unveiled
- Pikes Peak: Racing to the clouds on a Ducati Multi...
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato