Friday, March 09, 2012
2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: High-res pics, tech specs
Aprilia have updated the Dorsoduro 1200 for 2012 with improvements made to the chassis, ergonomics and electronics. The bike’s 90-degree 1200cc V-twin produces 130 horsepower at 8,700rpm and 115Nm of torque at 7,200rpm. It also features advanced ride-by-wire electronics and three different throttle maps – for rain, touring and sport riding modes. Anti-lock brakes and traction control are available as optional extras.
Changes on the 2012 Dorsoduro 1200, which was first shown at the EICMA in Milan last year, include new three-spoke wheels that are 2.3 kilos lighter than five-spoke hoops used on the old bike, revised suspension settings and revised traction control settings that work in conjunction with the selected riding mode (rain, touring, sport). The bike also gets new colour schemes and a new front fender and is 3kg lighter than the old 1200.
2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: Tech specs
90° 1200cc fuel-injected V2 engine with 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, liquid cooling and twin spark ignition
Triple map ride by wire technology (with Sport, Touring and Rain maps)
Hydraulically operated clutch
Light modular frame made from tubular steel trellis/aluminium castings offering outstanding torsional stiffness
Aluminium swingarm with lateral shock absorber
Sachs fully adjustable 43mm upside-down front fork and piggy-back design rear gas monoshock
Brembo racing brake system with radial calipers
New lightweight three split-spoke 17-inch wheels, 120/70 (front) and 180/55 (rear) tubeless tyres
15-litre fuel tank
New 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel exhaust system
Mixed type (digital/analogue) Matrix instrument panel connected to CAN line, with memory, integral part of the bike’s self-diagnosis system
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- KTM 690 Duke Track is the spiritual successor to t...
- Extreme Cornering and the Buell XB12R Firebolt
- The Deep Freeze: Yamaha R1 vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, other variants, unveiled...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR around the Mulholland Drive
- Stephane Peterhansel rides a Yamaha R1 in the Moro...
- AGV PistaGP: “Like switching from TV to the cinema...
- 2012 Streetfighter Shootout: Aprilia Tuono V4R vs ...
- 2012 Yamaha YZR-M1 unveiled: High-res pics, video
- Ducati 1199 Panigale: What lies beneath
- Ernie Vigil has a go on the 2012 Triumph Scrambler...
- Ducati Desmosedici GP12: First official high-res p...
- KTM 200 Duke: “Why? Because it is intense…”
- Battle of the V4s: Honda VFR750R RC30 vs Aprilia R...
- 2013 Bimota DB9 Brivido riding impression
- Ducati Monster Diesel: Could have been cool, but i...
- Wayne Rainey on rivalry with Kevin Schwantz, Eddie...
- Husqvarna Nuda 900R wins Red Dot design award
- Aprilia SRV850: High-res pics and more details
- 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 unveiled, Piaggio ...
- 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 tested at the Homestead-Miam...
- 2012 KTM 990 Supermoto R gets 9M+‑ABS from Bosch
- 2012 KTM 690 SMC R: ‘What isn't there doesn't weig...
- Stoner’s, Rossi’s Ducati racebikes up for sale
- Akrapovič: 20 years of power and noise
- 2012 MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R
- 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: High-res pics, tech s...
- Valentino Rossi: “Honestly, I expected to do bette...
- Carl Fogarty on the Ducati 916: “It was stunning. ...
- Motul Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade looks hot!
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato