Wednesday, March 14, 2012
2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 unveiled, Piaggio announces new Advanced Design Center
The Piaggio Group has announced that it will open a new Advanced Design Center in the US – in Pasadena, California – and this will be headed by designer Miguel Galluzzi, who has been responsible for designing bikes like the Ducati Monster, Cagiva Raptor and Aprilia RSV4. ‘With the expansion of our industrial and commercial operations around the world, we are also implementing an ‘intelligence globalization’ policy to create an international system of competences in the areas of product marketing and style,’ said Roberto Colaninno, Piaggio Group Chairman and CEO.
The announcement was made at a Piaggio Group Americas convention in Miami, which was attended by more than 300 Piaggio distributors and dealers based in the US, Canada and South America. During the presentation, two new bikes were also unveiled – the 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 (which will soon be launched in the US) and the all-new Aprilia Caponord 1200.
Coming back to the Advanced Design Center in California, this will work closely with the Piaggio Group Style Center, which is headed by Marco Lambri, as well as Group R&D centers in Italy, China, India and Vietnam. ‘Setting up a research center in California opens a window on the changes that will be taking place in our society, way of life, and urban and metropolitan mobility models in the next few years. The new Advanced Design Center in Pasadena will be working not only at the cutting edge of style developments, but will also be cooperating with the world’s top universities and research centers,’ said Colaninno.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- KTM 690 Duke Track is the spiritual successor to t...
- Extreme Cornering and the Buell XB12R Firebolt
- The Deep Freeze: Yamaha R1 vs Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, other variants, unveiled...
- Ducati Desmosedici RR around the Mulholland Drive
- Stephane Peterhansel rides a Yamaha R1 in the Moro...
- AGV PistaGP: “Like switching from TV to the cinema...
- 2012 Streetfighter Shootout: Aprilia Tuono V4R vs ...
- 2012 Yamaha YZR-M1 unveiled: High-res pics, video
- Ducati 1199 Panigale: What lies beneath
- Ernie Vigil has a go on the 2012 Triumph Scrambler...
- Ducati Desmosedici GP12: First official high-res p...
- KTM 200 Duke: “Why? Because it is intense…”
- Battle of the V4s: Honda VFR750R RC30 vs Aprilia R...
- 2013 Bimota DB9 Brivido riding impression
- Ducati Monster Diesel: Could have been cool, but i...
- Wayne Rainey on rivalry with Kevin Schwantz, Eddie...
- Husqvarna Nuda 900R wins Red Dot design award
- Aprilia SRV850: High-res pics and more details
- 2013 Moto Guzzi California 1400 unveiled, Piaggio ...
- 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 tested at the Homestead-Miam...
- 2012 KTM 990 Supermoto R gets 9M+‑ABS from Bosch
- 2012 KTM 690 SMC R: ‘What isn't there doesn't weig...
- Stoner’s, Rossi’s Ducati racebikes up for sale
- Akrapovič: 20 years of power and noise
- 2012 MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R
- 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200: High-res pics, tech s...
- Valentino Rossi: “Honestly, I expected to do bette...
- Carl Fogarty on the Ducati 916: “It was stunning. ...
- Motul Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade looks hot!
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato