Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Dreamachine Motorcycles: The Akrapovic Morsus
The bike you see here – The Morsus – was built last year by the Slovenia-based Dreamachine Motorcycles in collaboration with motorcycle exhaust specialists, Akrapovic. The project was initiated by Akrapovic, who wanted to prove that their engineering prowess goes beyond producing exhaust systems and to show that they are also capable of producing a world-class custom bike.
As you might expect, the materials used in the construction of The Morsus are those that Akrapovic are skilled at using – titanium, high-quality stainless steel and carbonfibre. ‘This project was a big challenge for me. I admire the work of Igor Akrapovič very much and I wanted to put together two motorcycle worlds, racing and custom. I followed also an idea of special cycle chrono bike on 26 inch wheels, which was quite challenging, but I´m quite happy with the final result,’ says Tomaž Capuder of Dreamachine Motorcycles, the man responsible for creating The Morsus.
While The Morsus is indeed a work of art, it has been built to be ridden. The bike is powered by a 1852cc S&S V-twin that produces 144bhp, with power going to the rear wheel via a six-speed gearbox and belt drive. The engine is fitted to a rigid, custom-built chassis with no downtubes and an integrated chassis. The Morsus rides on 26-inch aluminium-carbonfibre wheels, with Showa radial forks at front and an air-shock from Fox at the back. Twin brake discs with four-piston radial-mount calipers are used at the front and the exhaust system is a titanium unit from Akrapovic.
To be honest, we’re not big fans of custom cruisers – especially the kind that have stretched swingarms, humongous rear tyres and gaudy paintjobs. But we do think the slim, sexy Morsus is damn cool!
Pics: Akrapovic, Parrothead Jeff
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- Christophe Naulet’s amazing Peugeot 103 T-Hawk, th...
- 2012 Bikers’ Classics at Spa-Francorchamps to witn...
- Barry Sheene: His life and times in Australia
- Australian motorcycle aces: Wayne Gardner, Kevin M...
- Dreamachine Motorcycles: The Akrapovic Morsus
- Giovanni Castiglioni on Ducati, Porsche, and the f...
- Master Class: John McGuinness on doing a fast lap ...
- Alpinestars Vika. Triumph. Cool...
- 2013 Triumph Trophy SE unveiled
- World Ducati Week 2012: Pictures and Videos
- Back to the 1980s: Riding the BMW K1
- The History of Motorcycle Roadracing
- Miroslav Felgr and the story of the FGR Midalu 250...
- Rise Again: In tribute to Marco Simoncelli
- James Hunt, Barry Sheene: When Playboys Ruled the ...
- Michael Rutter does first ever 100mph electric bik...
- The Downshift: Cafe Racers
- John McGuinness on his 18th TT win: “I got a bit e...
- Jay Leno rides the Mission R electric superbike
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato