Monday, July 02, 2012
All 2013 BMW motorcycles to get ABS as standard
As part of their ‘Safety 360°’ principle, BMW Motorrad have announced that all their 2013-spec motorcycles will be fitted with anti-lock brakes as standard. According to BMW, their ‘Safety 360°’ principle includes three things – safety technology in the vehicle itself, safety derived from rider equipment and safety derived from rider training.
‘The company is being proactive here, significantly pre-empting the requirement for ABS likely to be introduced in 2016 for all newly registered motorcycles in Europe,’ says a press release from the company, about the addition of ABS to all 2013 model BMW motorcycles.
Other important safety features that BMW Motorrad are working on include adaptive headlamps for better vision in the dark, and further improvements to their ESA II electronically adjustable suspension. With ESA II, BMW’s aim is to create a semi-active suspension that is able to react to changing road conditions in real time.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- Ducati 1199 Panigale takes on Porsche GT2 RS
- Phil Schilling’s 30-year-old review of the Honda C...
- BMW S1000RR HP4 coming in September this year
- Valentino Rossi gets a cool new helmet for the Ita...
- 2013 Husqvarna TR 650 Terra, TR 650 Strada unveile...
- Jay Leno tests the 2012 Campagna V13R
- 2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R Ninja unveiled
- 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650 unveiled
- John McGuinness: “Everything about the TT has chan...
- Battle of the Ages: Ducati 851 vs Ducati 1199 Pani...
- 2013 BMW K1300R, K1300S unveiled
- 2013 BMW F800R unveiled
- 2013 BMW S1000RR goes grey
- 2013 BMWG650GS announced
- 2013 BMW R1200R announced
- 2013 BMW K1600GT and K1600GTL unveiled
- Trick or Treat: 1998-2003 Suzuki TL1000R
- 2013 BMW F700GS, F800GS: First official pics, spec...
- All 2013 BMW motorcycles to get ABS as standard
- 2012 BMW S1000RR vs Ducati 1199 S Panigale
- ▼ July (20)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato