Thursday, September 20, 2012
2013 KTM 1190 Adventure R: First official pic, specs released
Going by the number of ‘adventure’ motorcycles that are being launched by various European manufacturers, an awful lot of people must be chucking up their jobs, packing it all in and riding such bikes into the sunset. Or not. In any case, KTM have announced that they will unveil the all-new 1190 Adventure and Adventure R at the Intermot this year and in doing so, they will go up against similar machines from BMW, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Ducati and others.
The 1190 Adventure will be more street-oriented though it’ll still ride on 19-inch (front) and 17-inch (rear) wheels. The R model will be more off-road specific. Both bikes get KTM’s LC8 V-twin that produces an impressive 150bhp and 125Nm of torque. And, as you might expect, the bikes will get a full host of electronics, including Keihin motor management, electronic fuel injection with drive-by-wire, adjustable ABS, adjustable traction control, electronically adjustable suspension and anti-hop clutch.
The 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure and Adventure R will have 15,000km inspection intervals, and will weigh 230 kilos with a full tank of fuel. The bikes’ lattice frame is made of tubular chrome-molybdenum-steel and along with the rugged suspension components from WP, is likely to be very capable of taking serious levels of punishment off-road. The bike(s) look interesting, we must say. More information and high-res pics when the 1190 Adventure is officially unveiled at the Intermot this year…
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- Honda confirms all-new V4-engined super sports mot...
- 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure R: First official pic, spe...
- 2013 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo, Pikes ...
- Long Live the Kings
- BMW C 600 Sport, C 650 GT visit Barcelona
- Millyard Viper V10 hits the road
- 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1, R6, R125 to get ‘Race-Blu’ liv...
- 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R: Official pics, video, s...
- White-hot Honda Fireblade is deeply lustworthy...
- Triumph Speed Triple takes on Chevy Corvette Z06
- German Top Gun rides… what else, a BMW S1000RR
- Time Travel: Suzuki GSX-R1100 vs GSX-R1000
- Janna rides into a tyre shop...
- Manuela Raffaeta visits the BMW Museum, meets the ...
- Eric Bostrom’s Gary Nixon tribute Kawasaki Z1000 c...
- Video and high-res pics: BMW HP4 in action at Jere...
- On Two Wheels: On the road in a Ural sidecar
- 2013 Honda CBR250R gets MotoGP-replica paintjob
- 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 livens up the entry-level ...
- BMW R120 G/S kit sexes up the R1200GS
- C59R.1 brings café racer cool to the BMW R100RS
- Suzuki launch Barry Sheene clothing line
- 2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC announced
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato