Tuesday, October 02, 2012
2013 Triumph Street Triple, Street Triple R unveiled at the Intermot
Triumph have unveiled the new, 2013-spec Street Triple and Street Triple R at the Intermot in Cologne, in Germany. The bike features revised styling and an all-new chassis which, according to Triumph, provides more precise handling and improved agility. The exhaust has been repositioned, which helps with mass centralization and the new Street Triple is up to 6kg lighter than its predecessor.
The new Street Triple and Triple R are powered by an updated version of the earlier 675cc liquid-cooled triple, which produces 105 horsepower and 68Nm of torque. The bike has switchable ABS and an engine immobilizer as standard and Triumph are offering a 2-year unlimited mileage warranty as well.
The 2013 Street Triple’s new aluminium beam twin-spar chassis, with a two-piece high pressure die-cast rear subframe, is lighter than the earlier unit and has fewer welds. Along with the new low-mounted exhaust, it helps lower the bike’s CoG, optimizes mass centralization and provides improved handling characteristics. With reduced rake and increased trail, 41mm KYB inverted forks, close-ratio 6-speed gearbox, LCD instrumentation and twin 310mm brake discs at front with 2-piston Nissin calipers, the new Street Triple features improvements in various key areas and should certainly be one hell of a naked sportsbike.
What might be even better, of course, is the new Triumph Street Triple R, which gets fully adjustable 41mm forks, adjustable rear shock, 4-piston radial-mount calipers for the front brakes, a red rear subframe, red pinstripe on the wheels and a red-detailed radiator shroud featuring an ‘R’ logo. A range of accessories are available for the 2013 Triumph Street Triple and Street Triple R, including colour-matched fly screens, belly pans and seat cowls, lightweight Arrow exhaust, bar-end mirrors, CNC-machined clutch and brake levers and an easy-to-install quickshifter.
The new Street Triple bikes will go on sale in January 2013 and pricing details will be made available by the end of October this year.
- ► 2016 (135)
- ► 2015 (89)
- ► 2014 (113)
- ► 2013 (157)
- Ducati, Team Althea part ways for 2013
- Dick Smart and the flying Vespa
- Jorge Lorenzo is 2012 MotoGP World Champion
- Kadshah Nagibe: 'I Ride a Triumph'
- Mick Doohan rides a Honda RC213V at the Philip Isl...
- ‘30 Jahre K-Modelle’ BMW K1300S to be shown at the...
- Nicki Pedersen’s motorcycle speedway masterclass o...
- Kreater Custom Motorcycles strut their stuff
- 2013 Harley-Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod Special, VRS...
- Suzie del Vecchio: A Little Rush
- Suzie del Vecchio: A Little Rush
- Al Lamb rides his Honda Fireblade at 424km/h at Bo...
- Kevin Schwantz: “I was invincible. Nothing was goi...
- 2013 Honda CB1100 puts a new spin on the old, gets...
- 2013 Yamaha R1: First official pics, specs
- 2013 Yamaha R6: First official pics, specs
- 2013 Yamaha VMAX: First official pics, specs
- 2013 Yamaha FZ6R: First official pics, specs
- 2013 Yamaha FZ8: First official pics, specs
- 2013 Yamaha FZ1: First official pics, specs
- 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A: First official pics, specs
- Gangnam Style, for motorcyclists
- Horex VR6 Classic, VR6 Individual, unveiled at the...
- 2013 Ducati 848 Evo Corse Special Edition unveiled...
- Ducati 1199 Panigale RS13 unveiled at the Intermot...
- Suzuki V-Strom 1000 concept unveiled at the Interm...
- 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa gets ABS, comes out to play a...
- 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure showcased at the Intermot
- 2013 Suzuki GSX-R1000 unveiled at the Intermot
- Ducati unveil 20th Anniversary edition Monster 110...
- 2013 KTM RC8 R, RC8R Track unveiled at the Intermo...
- Yamaha unveil new 3-cylinder engine at the Intermo...
- 2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory presented at the Intermo...
- 2013 Husqvarna Nuda 900 gets ABS
- 2013 Ducati Diavel gets colourful at the Intermot
- 2013 Ducati 1199 S Panigale gets white-hot for Int...
- 2013 Triumph Street Triple, Street Triple R unveil...
- 2013 Kawasaki Z800 unveiled at the Intermot
- 2013 BMW R1200GS unveiled at the Intermot
- 2013 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade, CB1100, CRF450 Ral...
- Morgan 3 Wheeler riding impression
- ▼ October (41)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (196)
- ► 2009 (345)
- ► 2008 (479)
- ► 2007 (430)
2WD AC Schnitzer AJS Akrapovic all-wheel-drive Alpinestars AMG Aprilia Ariel Audi Avinton Bajaj Barry Sheene Benelli Bianchi Bimota BMW Bosch Brammo Brembo Britten BSA Buell Bultaco Cagiva Campagna Can-Am Carver Casey Stoner Caterham Chinese bikes Classics Concept Bike Confederate CRandS Custom-built Dainese Derbi Diesel Ducati Eddie Lawson EICMA 2008 EICMA 2009 EICMA 2012 EICMA 2013 EICMA 2014 EICMA 2015 EICMA 2016 Electric Ferrari Fischer flying machines Freddie Spencer Giacomo Agostini Gilera Harley-Davidson Helmets Henderson Hero Motocorp Hesketh Honda Horex Husqvarna Hybrid Hyosung Ilmor Indian Intermot 2012 Intermot 2014 Intermot 2016 Interviews Isle of Man TT Jawa Jay Leno Jeremy Burgess Kawasaki Kevin Schwantz KTM Lamborghini Lambretta Laverda Lazareth Lotus Mahindra Malaguti Markus Hofmann McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mick Doohan Midual Millepercento Mission Motors Mondial Morbidelli Morgan Moriwaki Moto Guzzi Moto Morini Moto2 Moto3 MotoCzysz MotoGP MotoGP-2007 MotoGP-2008 MotoGP-2009 MotoGP-2010 Motorcycle Design Motus MTT MV Agusta MZ News Nissan Norton NSU Peraves Petronas Peugeot Photography Piaggio Porsche Quad Renard Renault Riding Impressions Roehr Ronax Ronin Rotary Royal Enfield Scooters Segway Shootouts Short Films Skills Specials stunt riding Supercharged Suter Suzuki Toyota Travel trike Triumph Turbo TVS Two-stroke Ural V10 V12 V4 V6 V8 Valentino Rossi Velocette Vespa Victory Vincent Volkswagen Voxan Vyrus Wakan Wayne Gardner Wayne Rainey Wunderlich Yamaha Yoshimura Zagato